• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Secret Santa 2019

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone want to do Secret Santa this year?

===================

EDIT:
LIST OF THOSE IN (12 required to play to work):

1. LP
2. DVD
3. RandomPlanner
4. Salmissra
5. Planit
6. Hink
7. WYP
8. MD Planner
9. Bridie1962
10. Dan

====================

Send Hink a message answering the following questions:

Required:
Cyburbian Name:
Your more legal name:
Shipping address:
Can shipping be no signature or do you want to sign?
If you played last year, please tell who you bought for and who sent you a gift:
Is there a Cyburbian you would prefer not to play with?

Less Required, but very helpful:
Your favorite color:
Your t-shirt size:
Coffee or tea person?
Beer, wine and/or hard liquor?
Are you a chocoholic? Or other confections?
Do you have any food allergies or aversions or dietary restrictions?
What was the last book you read that wasn't planning-related?
Do you like to read planning-related books?
Do you like to wear jewelry? What kind, if so?
Do you work out?
Last tv binge episode:
Do you watch sports? What are your favorite teams?
What kinds of things do you hang on the walls in your office or home?
Do you have any office toys on your desk that are work-safe to tell?
What kind of music do you like to listen to?
What is your favorite thing to have for lunch? Dinner? Breakfast?
Do you own any pets?
What do you wear to work mostly?
Favorite conference swag you scored:
Favorite planner-ese or acronym:
Favorite cartoon:
Favorite Saturday Night Live era:
Have you ever used a meal service (pizza delivery notwithstanding):
What was the last movie you saw? Was it part of a movie genre you usually like?
Last bad hair day:
Are you typically part of the problem?
When do you put up your holiday decorations?
What is your favorite accent?
Indy 500 or Formula One?
Favorite kombucha flavor:
What did you buy the last time you went to Macy's:
Do you drive a Volvo?
If you had to pick another profession, what would you do if you magically obtained those skills in an instant?
If you could go anywhere you wanted for vacation this year, and for free, where would you go?

Last edited by a moderator:

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
Ooh, I was thinking about this over the weekend. If we get other takers, I am in. I also vow to be on time which, I will admit, is not my strong suit in this game. :snowflake::package::il:

Salmissra

Cyburbian
I would like to participate. It's been a couple years or so since I did, and I'm thinking this is a good year to get back into the swing of things.

Planit

Cyburbian
Sure, let's go.

BTW-Hink already has the appropriate music playing

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
I'm in. It always ends up getting sent out after Christmas, but I mean who is counting right??

So let me get all the old questions together and we can start a list at the top of this to have people state their interest. Once we get to 12 we can assume we are moving forward.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Okay, count me in! I'll send details to Hink.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Do we have the 12 people? I was waiting to make sure we had enough before answering the plethora of questions . . .

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do we have the 12 people? I was waiting to make sure we had enough before answering the plethora of questions . . .

I think we need one more but really, the years we had lots of people, it was fun

so lemme harass some people in this thread (love that we can do that) at somewhat random:

@TOFB @AG74683 @Brocktoon @Cardinal @dandy_warhol @el Guapo @Faust_Motel @glutton @Hawkeye66 @jsk1983 @kjel @kms @Luca @MacheteJames @Maister @NHPlanner @Otis @paiste13 @Rygor @shell_waster @terraplnr @ursus @Veloise @Wannaplan? @zman

ursus

Cyburbian, raised by Cyburbians
OK! Count me in! I'm feeling FESTIVE this year. I've even llistened to Christmas music already....don't tell Hink.

AG74683

Cyburbian
I think we need one more but really, the years we had lots of people, it was fun

so lemme harass some people in this thread (love that we can do that) at somewhat random:
I don't really do these things anymore. I just find myself stressing over it, trying to get the perfect thing and then getting it mailed out in time. I've taken a break from the secret Santa stuff for the last few years, and don't plan on getting involved with anything this year. Sorry!

terraplnr

Cyburbian
AHHHHHHH I really want to do it but I promised myself I would not sign up for anything I don't absolutely HAVE to this December, because I don't want to get stressed out before our wedding on Dec. 30th. And I'll be super busy with family visiting and general holiday/wedding chaos.

It makes me sad to say I'm going to bow out this year, but I'll be back with a vengeance next year!! :D

Luca

Cyburbian
Would happily participate but don't want to subject fellow Cyburbians to transcontinental shipping fees... :)