• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.
  • If you registered on Thursday (3-21) , please re-register. Thank you!

Secret Santa aka The Spy Who Gifted You with...

DVD

Cyburbian
If LP isn't up for it I can always run it. Anyone up for it this year? Any left over questions I should throw in LP?

luckless pedestrian

Super Moderator
If LP isn't up for it I can always run it. Anyone up for it this year? Any left over questions I should throw in LP?
I am sorry I can't run or participate this year - my head and my heart aren't there with it

You should do this right away and maybe end it a week from now and give people until epiphany to mail it - post a list of questions that people private message you that will help the person buying the gift know what they like or dislike - I usually tell people to buy a few local favorites to send as those seem to be the most appreciated - their real name and address also need to be PM'd to you

PM me if you have other questions - thank you!

DVD

Cyburbian
Like LP says, let's get this done. Let's say get the questions in by next Friday and I'll dish it all out Saturday if I'm awake and we'll get the stuff mailed out by the Epiphany. Someone will have to remind me when that is.

1. What is one article of clothing that someone could wear that would make you walk out on a date with them?
2. If you could bring back a fashion trend, what would it be?
3. If you were a new late night host, who would be your first guest?
4. What are you famous for?
5. Who is you favorite cartoon character?
6. What's your method of caffeine delivery? Do you add anything to it?
7. If you could visit anywhere tomorrow, where would you go?
8. What is your current cellphone wallpaper?
9. What is your go to after work drink?
10. You just won a lifetime supply of something. What is it?
11. What is your catch phrase?

Hink

OH....IO
I'm out this year. Life is a bit crazy this year and since we are late, I don't want to disappoint.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
I concur. I'm out too with everything going on in my life and the relative lateness of getting this started.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
I was just thinking about the Cyburbia Secret Santa. To keep us rolling in the spirit of Christmas and the holiday season, I'm in.

Veloise

Cyburbian
Epiphany

Like LP says, let's get this done. Let's say get the questions in by next Friday and I'll dish it all out Saturday if I'm awake and we'll get the stuff mailed out by the Epiphany. Someone will have to remind me when that is.
The Mardi Gras season begins "on the 12th day of Christmas," January 6.

You should also ask sizes, as some find T-shirts to send.

DVD

Cyburbian
The Mardi Gras season begins "on the 12th day of Christmas," January 6.

You should also ask sizes, as some find T-shirts to send.
So if people want to throw me a t-shirt size I'll put that in the questions too. If not, I guess you get no clothing or just get an XXL because that should fit anyone here.

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
So if people want to throw me a t-shirt size I'll put that in the questions too. If not, I guess you get no clothing or just get an XXL because that should fit anyone here.
I wouldn't count on that. Some of us a bit bigger/gym rat/a few too many Scandinavians in my background. 3XT tyvm.:-c

DVD

Cyburbian
Last call before I start drawing names like around 4:30 Arizona time if I have time or first thing tomorrow morning. So get them in. T I'm looking at you.

terraplnr

Cyburbian
Last call before I start drawing names like around 4:30 Arizona time if I have time or first thing tomorrow morning. So get them in. T I'm looking at you.
So I realized at some point last night that I totally forgot to finish my questions and turn them in. :-| :facepalm: I was unexpectedly out of the office on Friday. I'm happy to participate if you have an unassigned victim, but if everyone has been victimized then I'll make sure to get my butt in gear next year.

DVD

Cyburbian
Stopped by a nice local bar/store and picked up a couple things. I might actually be ready to send things out!

gtpeach

Cyburbian
I picked up my gifts on Friday. Just need to package them up to mail off. I love Christmas shopping! :)

DVD

Cyburbian
Stuff is on it's way! Merry Christmas or whatever holiday you decide to celebrate!

terraplnr

Cyburbian
I received a box from Arizona yesterday, will open it this evening! After I finish my shopping for my SS person, going to a pop-up market with lots of local goodies.

gtpeach

Cyburbian
Got a fun box from RandomPlanner last night with a bag of what sounds like delicious coffee and a Christmas ornament with a picture of a church that one of my friends may have actually gotten married in (so I may have been there)! I need to go see if I can look up her wedding details from many years ago to figure it out, but regardless, it brings back some visits to a very beautiful place! Thank you so much!!

DVD

Cyburbian
Thanks for the nice package from Giff! Popcorn is being devoured by one child and chips by the other. As always my wife steals something out of the box. This year it's a cool looking bun warmer. So that leaves me a couple nice postcards to frame and hang on the cubicle and some awesome handmade chopsticks.

Thanks Giff.

Merry Christmas everyone!

kjel

Super Moderator
Got a fun box from RandomPlanner last night with a bag of what sounds like delicious coffee and a Christmas ornament with a picture of a church that one of my friends may have actually gotten married in (so I may have been there)! I need to go see if I can look up her wedding details from many years ago to figure it out, but regardless, it brings back some visits to a very beautiful place! Thank you so much!!
Thank you gtpeach for the lovely assortment of Virginia goodies and the interesting book about western Albemarle.

The Terminator

Cyburbian
HEY BURBIANS, WTF! I wasn't invited to partake this year despite signaling my interest!

Who made the call that I would probably give weird gifts not on time and kept me off the roster?

(Not actually upset at all, just being sassy)

DVD

Cyburbian
Sorry, this was kind of a weird year for me to take over. It ended up a short notice window. Next year I'll try to get this going before Thanksgiving so people have time to sign up and more time to shop. If you haven't played before, there will be a list of questions. PM them to whoever is running the show (in case LP wants to take it over again) and they'll mix it up.

Also, I think there are only a couple of you left to send presents out. Don't make me shame you in January or worse, I'll give the newly retired RJ your number so he can drunk dial you at odd times.

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
Yay! I was wondering if you'd been to my neck of the woods. I love that it brings back memories for you!

DVD

Cyburbian
Anyone not get a gift yet? Anyone slacking and plan on sending out a little late?

kjel

Super Moderator
I'm a late giver, I have everything ready to go so I'll drop it at the post office tomorrow.

terraplnr

Cyburbian
Thank you DVD for the awesome box of Arizona goodies!

The cactus candles are adorable and I'm going to put a couple in my office for decoration. The ornament was hung up right away, and the soap is making my bathroom smell lovely. I have managed to not open the cactus candy yet but only because Christmas goodies had to be eaten before they went stale. :p

I mailed my present off to a state well east of me this morning, so it should arrive in a few days!

RandomPlanner

Cyburbian
Anyone not get a gift yet? Anyone slacking and plan on sending out a little late?
I'm a late giver, I have everything ready to go so I'll drop it at the post office tomorrow.
I haven't gotten anything yet but I'm guessing that kjel may be sending it out shortly. I'm usually a big slacker when it comes to this sort of thing so I'm not at all worried. :)

DVD

Cyburbian
We're past the epiphany so I can embarrass people now, but it sounds like the last person is working on it so I'm giving it time, last person, who we can all figure out if we need to.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I'm still waiting, but it's probably ok to unstick it.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
I'm still waiting, but it's probably ok to unstick it.
Well, no. In that case we want to leave it stickied so as to maximize the shame and humiliation your secret santa is undoubtedly experiencing.