• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

    Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Secret Santa Gifts Have Arrived!!!!

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Messages
2,779
Points
24
DecaturHawk!

I got your package of yummy treats. Thank you very much. I can't wait to try the chutney - one of my favorites! Excellent job on picking the treats!!!
 

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Messages
7,915
Points
36
Nerudite - your parcel was put in the post on Friday. Hope it makes it to you before Christmas!
 

biscuit

Cyburbian
Messages
3,904
Points
25
A big shout out and thanks to Slave to the Grind for the book of famous outlaw tales of Utah. I'm a fan of good stories about sticking it to the man, so it will make a great read during any downtime I have during the holidays. Very cool. :)
 

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Messages
880
Points
22
Trail Nazi said:
DecaturHawk!

I got your package of yummy treats. Thank you very much. I can't wait to try the chutney - one of my favorites! Excellent job on picking the treats!!!
I'm really glad you like it! Merry, merry Christmas, joyous, joyous holidays, and happy, happy New Year!

Make sure you check out Mari Mann's website: www.marimann.com for more of their products from flat, but strangely compelling Central Illinois. Enjoy!
 

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Messages
6,377
Points
29
SGB Thank you!!!

What a cute hair bauble (that is what it is right?)
It was cool to have the map as well.

Thanks so much and happy holidays!
 

SGB

Cyburbian
Messages
3,388
Points
26
PlannerGirl said:
SGB Thank you!!!

What a cute hair bauble (that is what it is right?)
It was cool to have the map as well.

Thanks so much and happy holidays!
Hair bauble, book mark. I guess it's multi-functional!

Enjoy, and happy holidays!!
 

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Messages
6,377
Points
29
book mark? hehe I guess with my wild long hair I assume everything goes in my hair :) It looks quite nice with my hair in a twist and the beads come out of the top.
 
Messages
5,352
Points
31
Mod Note: I split this thread from the other Secret Santa thread.

Thanks to my Secret Santa (I think Zoning Goddess) for the cool Seminole Trail stuff. :)
 

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Messages
1,361
Points
23
Hey Bullwinkle!

Thank you very much for the GREAT gifts!!! I wish you and yours a very pleasant holiday season. :D
 

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Messages
2,779
Points
24
Planderella said:
[Thanks to my Secret Santa (I think Zoning Goddess) for the cool Seminole Trail stuff. :)
A good thing about the Seminole Trail Shirts is that they are practically indestructible, unless your dog gets a hold of it.
 

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Messages
4,473
Points
25
SGB, your gift is in the mail, ha ha ah.....It might get there after christmas though, sorry. See what happens when you procrastinate.


Queen B, I hope the winos don't get to the package before I do. Hopefully it will arrive allright.
 

Queen B

Cyburbian
Messages
3,178
Points
25
Rumpy, I am not sure the wino's would be very happy with your package!

Hey Dan!!!!!!

(And I say in a deep sexy voice)
Oh, Dan, you are MY Santa Baby!!!!!

My package arrived over lunch. The cup is great, I will have to use those quotes! Hot Cocoa will mix well with peppermint schnapps. The tissues are just to cute.
Thank You so very much.
 

Bullwinkle

Cyburbian
Messages
176
Points
7
Thanks Trail Nazi! The Butter Toffee Virginia Peanuts are especially good! Anything whose ingredients are "peanuts, sugar, butter and salt" has to be great.
 

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Messages
10,623
Points
34
HEE. I didnt sign up due to a stoopid posting error explained to EG in private. ;) But I did send out goodies to EG and PG yesterday (a week after I told you, sowwy). I love my Tee-shirt, hope you love em just as much.
 

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
Messages
2,779
Points
24
Bullwinkle said:
Thanks Trail Nazi! The Butter Toffee Virginia Peanuts are especially good! Anything whose ingredients are "peanuts, sugar, butter and salt" has to be great.
Now all you need is some beer. I am so glad you liked them. I couldn't decide if you would prefer peanuts or a slab of Virginian bacon. Personally, the bacon would have come in handy with all of the relatives. Nothing says the holidays like a slab of bacon. My office got a gift basket with some of those peanuts in them last week and we all raced to eat as many as possible.

Cheers!!!
 

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Messages
880
Points
22
Thanks, BEK!

All show your fealty to the Big Easy King!
Thanks, BEK, for the awesome gifts. The matted pictures will find a treasured place on my wall, the New Orleans viewbook will find a treasured place in my library, and the pralines have been consumed. I didn't get many NO mementos when I was there for the APA in '01, so this stuff is great. You are the King! Merry Christmas, Happy Holidays, and Happy New Year, brotha.
 

el Guapo

Capitalist
Messages
5,995
Points
31
Chet said:
HEE. I didnt sign up due to a stoopid posting error explained to EG in private. ;) But I did send out goodies to EG and PG yesterday (a week after I told you, sowwy). I love my Tee-shirt, hope you love em just as much.
OMG - I hope I get to the mail first! ;)
 

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Messages
4,473
Points
25
Have a merry XXXXX-mas Queen B

Have a merry XXXXX-mas Queen B

Queen B said:
Rumpy, I am not sure the wino's would be very happy with your package!


Are you kidding, I'm glad it was still on my porch when I got home. One can of CAMO xxXxx high gravity lager and a huge mug to drink it out of, you rock!!! Thanks for the other stuff too, I was very gratefull to see that Saddam could make it to my house to visit this holiday as well;) Glad he didn't drink or eat the other stuff.

If you were wondering about the tickets, I didn't win (dammit I still can't quit my day job).

Thanks again for the goodies, I'm drinking the CAMO now:b:
 

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Messages
13,852
Points
39
Planderella said:
[.[/COLOR]

Thanks to my Secret Santa (I think Zoning Goddess) for the cool Seminole Trail stuff. :)
Planderella, you are most welcome. It is scary to be secret santa to a mod! ;) Merry Christmas and Happy New Years to you and BEK!
 

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Messages
10,623
Points
34
el Guapo said:
OMG - I hope I get to the mail first! ;)
I addressed it only to you, although I do know your better half's name. ;)


If I would have had Jeff's non-work address, he would now be owning a Bong Rec Area Tee Shirt. They have them at the kiosk where I bought your sauce.


Next year, I become MUCH more evil. The Dark SideTM does that to you, you know....
 

donk

Cyburbian
Messages
6,970
Points
30
Chet said:


If I would have had Jeff's non-work address, he would now be owning a Bong Rec Area Tee Shirt. They have them at the kiosk where I bought your sauce.


Too bad I cleaned up my mail box.

And I am still waiting for mine and to find out who it is.
 
Last edited:

Queen B

Cyburbian
Messages
3,178
Points
25
Hey Tuna,

What about the music???? Got anything to play that on????

I had another gift exchange like this one and I got the lady a copy of Elvis singing Christmas tunes on 8 track.. She was excited she still has a player... To Funny.

Merry Christmas Everybody...
 

el Guapo

Capitalist
Messages
5,995
Points
31
donk said:
Too bad I cleaned up my mail box.

And I am still waiting for mine and to find out who it is.
PM me if the curiousity is about to hurt your cat.
 

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Messages
4,473
Points
25
Queen B said:
Hey Tuna,

What about the music???? Got anything to play that on????

I had another gift exchange like this one and I got the lady a copy of Elvis singing Christmas tunes on 8 track.. She was excited she still has a player... To Funny.

Merry Christmas Everybody...
No I don't have a 8track player:( but I should be able to get one at the thrift store:) Good selections on the music choices too!
 

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Messages
10,623
Points
34
el Guapo said:
PM me if the curiousity is about to hurt your cat.
Come now EG (no pun intended), its not curiosity that kills cats. :)
 

nerudite

Cyburbian
Messages
6,544
Points
30
Tranplanner said:
Nerudite - your parcel was put in the post on Friday. Hope it makes it to you before Christmas!
Just got it... thanks for the Leafs mouse pad (don't have one yet... yay!) and the yummy cookies. Haven't tried the jam yet...what type is it? Thanks Tran!
 

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Messages
7,915
Points
36
nerudite said:
Just got it... thanks for the Leafs mouse pad (don't have one yet... yay!) and the yummy cookies. Haven't tried the jam yet...what type is it? Thanks Tran!
I think you got Mrs. Tranplanner's homemade raspberry jam (the cookies are homemade too). I forgot to put a note in the parcel explaining everything. Sorry.
 

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Messages
10,623
Points
34
PlannerGirl said:
Thanks for the T shirt Chet!

Kick hinny!!

bounce bounce
I love that shirt. I wear mine all the time. Now we have to see if Guap has the cajones to wear his in public. :)
 

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Messages
6,377
Points
29
Ill wear mine when Im on the back of Steve's bike this spring. Now to get some engineers boots.
 

el Guapo

Capitalist
Messages
5,995
Points
31
Chet said:
I love that shirt. I wear mine all the time. Now we have to see if Guap has the cajones to wear his in public. :)
Dude,
Got the package today. Nice, Very Nice Sauce. Hey, about that t-shirt, that wouldn't be some sort of code would it? ;)
Thank you very much Chet!
 

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Messages
6,377
Points
29
DOH!





Boys now dont forget to set a good example..no wait that sounded wrong...






I give up
 

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Messages
13,852
Points
39
Thanks, jmf! Your Secret Santa package arrived today. Love the snowman ornament and the magnet (I'm guessing you have apple trees up there?). The ornament is already on my tree!
 

yaff

Cyburbian
Messages
108
Points
6
My Gift for all you Cyburbanites

I just wanted to send out love for all of you awesome (and sometimes very wierd) cyburbanites. A wonderful year to you all !!!
 

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Messages
1,437
Points
27
Biscuit, thanks for the Air Guitar lessons and inflatable guitar. My wife thinks I am an even bigger fool now.:) Glad you liked the book.
 

SGB

Cyburbian
Messages
3,388
Points
26
Yo - Tunanator!

RT -

Thanks for the great book!

You da holiday man! :b:
 

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Messages
10,623
Points
34
PlannerGirl said:
Boys now dont forget to set a good example..no wait that sounded wrong...
ROTFL. Now go hold the camera for us. LOL
 

biscuit

Cyburbian
Messages
3,904
Points
25
SlaveToTheGrind said:
Biscuit, thanks for the Air Guitar lessons and inflatable guitar. My wife thinks I am an even bigger fool now.:) Glad you liked the book.
Good deal. I saw that in the book store and knew it was the right gift (meaning that it's something I'd likely buy for myself).
I hope the chocolates made it there in one piece. I don't know if you cared for them or not but I could eat a whole freaking case of those peanut butter meltaways. Yum....
 

jmf

Cyburbian
Messages
594
Points
17
Zoning Goddess said:
Thanks, jmf! Your Secret Santa package arrived today. Love the snowman ornament and the magnet (I'm guessing you have apple trees up there?). The ornament is already on my tree!
Where I live is a huge apple growing area, glad you liked the ornament - also made in NS.
 

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
11,482
Points
41
International Postal Service

Yikes, I could have walked TranPlanner's Secret Santa gift to Canada faster than the USPS has done. :-D

I'm still waiting on Donk's gift.

All you Canuckistanians: Is this length of time typical?
 

jmf

Cyburbian
Messages
594
Points
17
Planderella said:
jmf - has your gift arrived yet? I sent it like last year.
Nothing yet, I will let you know when I get it.

I have givn up trying to understand Canada Post. A package from my sister who is in Kazakhstan arrived in about 5 days a letter sent on the same day took 3 weeks!
 

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Messages
7,915
Points
36
Re: International Postal Service

Gedunker said:
Yikes, I could have walked TranPlanner's Secret Santa gift to Canada faster than the USPS has done. :-D

I'm still waiting on Donk's gift.

All you Canuckistanians: Is this length of time typical?
No sign of Hoosier contraband yet. I've had mixed luck sending parcels across the border. I think NHPlanner got one from me fairly quickly a while back.

I'll let you know when it finally shows up...
 

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
9,945
Points
40
Re: Re: International Postal Service

Tranplanner said:
I think NHPlanner got one from me fairly quickly a while back.

I'll let you know when it finally shows up...
I think I got Tran's package about 6 days after he sent it.....granted it was not during the holidays.....
 

nerudite

Cyburbian
Messages
6,544
Points
30
My secret santa gift to donk has taken a few weeks now... Canada Post isn't the most reliable place though.
 

donk

Cyburbian
Messages
6,970
Points
30
Re: International Postal Service

Gedunker said:

I'm still waiting on Donk's gift.

All you Canuckistanians: Is this length of time typical?
I even paid the extra $1.50 to send it air mail.

I've had things take as little as 3 or 4 days to over a month.
 

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Moderator
Messages
11,482
Points
41
Re: Re: International Postal Service

donk said:
I even paid the extra $1.50 to send it air mail.

I've had things take as little as 3 or 4 days to over a month.
Maybe they thought it was India instead of Indiana . . .
A month! Holy s++t!

Good thing the package I sent TP won't rot.
 

donk

Cyburbian
Messages
6,970
Points
30
Nerudite + BME,

The gifts have arrived. Thanks for the pint glasses and bottle opener.

Must have arrived on Friday, the box was hanging from my mailbox when I got home. Elapsed time 12 days ALTA to NB.
 
Top