• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Secret Santa Gifts Have Arrived!!!!

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
Gedunker - the parcel was waiting for me when I got home on Friday. Thanks for the cool coaster! You have pleased this mod. El Guapo, you may release Gedunker's first born back to him ;)

The parcel I sent Nerudite seemed to have gotten to her in a reasonable amount of time. The postie I dealt with said it would probably get there faster if I wrote "Merry Christmas" or soemething like that on the parcel, so I did...

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Donk --thanks so much for the books! Middle Island is the first book in my library signed by the authors! I'm looking forward to finishing our kitchen remodel so I can spend some time with it. I'm already looking through the ghost stories for some I can use to scare the bejeezus out of my kids when we go camping this summer ;-)

Tranplanner said:
Gedunker - the parcel was waiting for me when I got home on Friday. Thanks for the cool coaster! You have pleased this mod. El Guapo, you may release Gedunker's first born back to him ;)

Oh, I'm so happy to have my boy released from Cyburbian servitude!

Tranplanner I was looking for something that was a little more local, but when I saw the art deco design from the 1934 Century of Progress and the Travel Building, I just thought it would work pretty well.

I wonder if somebody from the USPS or Canada Post is lurking here, as your package and mine arrived on the same day we started posting complaints about service...

nerudite

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:
The parcel I sent Nerudite seemed to have gotten to her in a reasonable amount of time. The postie I dealt with said it would probably get there faster if I wrote "Merry Christmas" or soemething like that on the parcel, so I did...

Hey... that's a good tactic. I'll have to do that next year...

Planderella

Cyburbian
If this is going to be an annual thing, then we should probably start in early December or even late November to accommodate longer delivery times and such.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Tranplanner said:

And if you had written "Not A Bomb", it would have never arrived... :p

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
But not least ...

Saturday, it arrived ... my Kiwi calendar and All Blacks pin from JNL. Thanks! I honored the occasion by buying (and consuming) a six pack of Export Gold at Trader Joe's.

Ka mate, Ka mate!
Ka ora, Ka ora!

Ka mate, Ka mate!
Ka ora, Ka ora!

Tenei te tangata puhuruhuru
Nana i tiki mai whakawhiti te ra!

A hupane, kaupane
A hupane, kaupane whiti te ra!
Hi!

The calendar is displayed close to my office window, which looks out on a snowbound parking lot, snow-covered houses, and barren trees. Quite a contrast to what's summer in New Zealand.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
My gift to JNL came back :-( seems the dork at the post office told me the wrong postage so I get to try again.

Grrrrrrr

Sorry JNL :-( But you have some cool DC stuff coming I swear.

JNL

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
My gift to JNL came back :-(

Hey no worries, it's kinda fun getting late presents!

I look forward to it's arrival :)

jmf

Cyburbian
Planderella and BEK -

I am spoiled! What a wonderful package from NO. I think my husband was even excited because he is a Nova Scotian Acadian and has always been interested in the connections with Louisiana. With the magazines we will start planning our trip which we have been talking about for 5 years (although it may be another 5 years befoer it comes to fruition)!

Thanks so much for all of the goodies,

jmf

Planderella

Cyburbian
jmf said:
Planderella and BEK -

I am spoiled! What a wonderful package from NO. I think my husband was even excited because he is a Nova Scotian Acadian and has always been interested in the connections with Louisiana. With the magazines we will start planning our trip which we have been talking about for 5 years (although it may be another 5 years befoer it comes to fruition)!

Thanks so much for all of the goodies,

jmf

You're welcome. :) I'm relieved that you finally got them. I wanted to send a Mardi Gras guide along with the beads but the most recent edition didn't come out until last week.