• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Secret Santa the notifications have gone out

el Guapo

Capitalist
Check your email. If you signed up for Operation Cyburbia Secret Santa you should have an email with something like this:

Secret Santa
Here is your Secret Santa recipient's info below:
1. Treat him or her well.
2. Stay within the budget.
3. Don't expect to get your present from the same person.
4. When you have sent your present go on Cyburbia.org and let the person know it is in the mail.
5. When you get your present go on Cyburbia.org to thank or scold your secret santa as needed.
6. Remember, you can't disclose them to the world once you know their real name and personal details.
7. Thanks for playing.

And then the info of your special person is included.
If you didn't get an email, then, well we got troubles...

Post any questions you have.:)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
How do we let them know the gift's on the way without revealing who we are?

Don't we need their Cyburbia names?

el Guapo

Capitalist
PlannerGirl said:
I did not get an email
PG- I know I sent yours. I'll double check.

All the admin stuff is at the house - I'll check tonight.

As to knowing who is who, well, I guess I could reemail you guys with the actual board names. That might help. Some of you emailed me and I have no clue who you are on the board. I knew you were real planners because of your geeky wishlists and city email addresses.

I have a late evening meeting, so it will be late tonight before the emails go out.

Thanks for playing.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Hey EG, which e-mail address did you send the info to, I don't know if the work address is working.
Why my fishy friend, I sent it to the one you sent your email to me from. How could I do otherwise? :)

JNL

Cyburbian
The post office had all these great Christmas stamps but they wouldn't let me use any :( Had to go with a boring printed parcel label.

Hope it gets there in time - it has a long way to travel!

I'm still not sure if we are supposed to reveal our identity by letting the recipient know the gift is on it's way?

el Guapo

Capitalist
JNL -
Yes that is the cool part. You get to come on here and say "Guess what INSERT_MEMBER_NAME_HERE I just put your present in the mail! Let me know when you get it"

Please don't use real names!

I have it set up so you give to one person and someone totally different gives you a present. Maximum member contact. (easy Chet) Except for one case where two people got each other. I'll explain that one if, or when when they ask why.

THE SECRET SANTA PROJECT IS NOW CLOSED - WE ARE NOT ACCEPTING NEW APPLICANTS -Thank You

Of course if you just have to send something, I'm an XL shirt and I could use some 7.62x25 Tokarev. ;)

Let's use this thread for the responses!

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Question. I have the persons name but not their cyburbia name. How am I suppose to let them know their gift is on the way without reveiling their real name to the govt.?

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Hey , I signed up but didn't get an e-mail.

What day did you send them? What was the subject line (so I can seee if it ended up in my junk mail folder).

el Guapo

Capitalist
Repo Man said:
Hey , I signed up but didn't get an e-mail.

What day did you send them? What was the subject line (so I can seee if it ended up in my junk mail folder).
I sent them out Sunday and Monday night. Email me again and I'll PM back tonight.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Rumpy Tunanator said:
Question. I have the persons name but not their cyburbia name. How am I suppose to let them know their gift is on the way without reveiling their real name to the govt.?
I'll email you tonight.

I didn't bother to ask people to include their Cyburbia name on the sheet they sent back to me. I assumed they would just let me know. Many didn't. So I ended up looking up a bunch of people in Dan's secret black Cyburbia book. I got everyone but two people ID'ed. I'm working on it.

I have a big day at work, so please excuse me. I won't be able to answer any questions until tonight. Hasta...

el Guapo

Capitalist
Zoning Goddess said:
I think I have Planderella (EG, am I right?).

If so, be on the watch for a padded envelope to arrive soon!
I think that is right. I'll email you tonight.

JNL

Cyburbian
Hey Dan there is a package on its way from New Zealand - hope it gets to you in time for Christmas! :)

biscuit

Cyburbian
Hey Slave to the Grind (I think) start checking the mail in a couple of days.

Who's ya Santa!

I must have one of the two people whose ID's were not readily available. All I can say is that someone in Kentville, Canada is going to get some pretty cool stuff from me. ;)

donk

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
I must have one of the two people whose ID's were not readily available. All I can say is that someone in Kentville, Canada is going to get some pretty cool stuff from me. ;)
Make sure to put lots of stamps on them. ;)

Gedunker, you are one of the lucky ones getting stuff from north of the border. Sorry, due to customs laws now, no aero bars, homemade blueberry jam or other consumables. :(

Your stuff will be in the mail in the next day or so, once I'm done shovelling out.

Last edited:

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Hey, Donk , I read about your "lost weekend" in another post: take your time and don't stroke out shoveling. I'll still be here.

Interestingly, my present is going north of the border, to I'm guessing either Tranplanner or Donk if my Canada geography is okay. I'll confirm later.

el Guapo

Capitalist
This just in...film at 11:00

RumpyTunaTime - Check for a PM

Repo - I just sent you an email. I'll find you someone to SS with.

Biscuit says with a noticeable drawl..
Hey Slave to the Grind (I think) start checking the mail in a couple of days...Who's ya Santa!
He is correct. Biscuit meet Slave to the Grind & vice-a-versa. I didn't recognize your real names so I assigned the two unknown guys to each other in case this was some kind of Linux-a-go-go hijinks.

Panderella yes, that is our pal JMF in the land of off-beat comedy and interesting pork.

Gedunker - Thou hast to please a mod, TP. Serve him well.

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Hey, Trail Nazi! Your package of goodies is in the mail, along with a whole bunch of wishes for a joyous season. Merry Christmas!

Love,

Your not-so-Secret Santa

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
DecaturHawk said:
Hey, Trail Nazi! Your package of goodies is in the mail, along with a whole bunch of wishes for a joyous season. Merry Christmas!

Love,

Your not-so-Secret Santa

Ah, shucks, thank you Decatur!!!

Hey Bullwinkle, your package of goodies is on its way to you! P.S. Happy Birthday along with your Secret Santa gift. Happy Chanukah, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, Joyous Boxing Day, Happy Birthday, and Happy New Year to you!!

el Guapo

Capitalist
Why didn't we think of this last week?

No matter what these threads always tragically go off course ...

Students offered Australian holiday for their sperm

Male students at a Canadian university are being offered a free two-week holiday in Australia in return for their sperm.

An advert has been placed in the University of Calgary's student newspaper by the Reproductive Medicine Clinic in Albury, New South Wales

It's getting difficult to find volunteers in Australia because of a new law that says sperm donors can no longer remain anonymous, reports the Toronto Star....
http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_847925.html?menu=news.latestheadlines

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
donk said:
Gedunker,

it is officially in the mail.

Enjoy
Thank you in advance, Donk.
May your boots dry, your back rest, and your walk/drive stay snow-free as long as possible.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Are we supposed to tell people that their gift is coming? I would rather just send it and let it be a total surprise. :)

el Guapo

Capitalist
nerudite said:
Are we supposed to tell people that their gift is coming? I would rather just send it and let it be a total surprise. :)
I have a Spanish Inquistion quote for that, but I've done it too death. So, I'll just say it is your call.

nerudite

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
I have a Spanish Inquistion quote for that, but I've done it too death. So, I'll just say it is your call.
My vicitim will remain a secret then... thanks :)

Queen B

Cyburbian
I am looking for bubble wrap.
Looking, Looking for bubble wrap, to send bubbles. Don't want to take the chance of a premature explosion!!!!! Then it will be in the mail.
Look, you all are now wondering who is getting bubbles.
Only one very lucky person!
Anticiption, ain't it great!

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Re: This just in...film at 11:00

el Guapo said:
Gedunker - Thou hast to please a mod, TP. Serve him well.

What the envelopes stuffed with small-denomination, non-sequential legal tender weren't enough, now I gotta serve a Mod well? No pressure, please ;-)

Tranplanner your package is officially in the hands of the erstwhile United States Postal Service :-\. But don't believe the customs tag one iota, and don't worry -- this contraband offers no discernible odor.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I think I'm going to end having to FedEx my gift to the lucky recepient...I have no idea what to get, and precious little time to figure it out.

Gedunker - now I'm worried ;)

How does the food thingy and Canada work again? Canadians can't send food out of the country or is it that they can't receive food from out of the country?

nerudite

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
How does the food thingy and Canada work again? Canadians can't send food out of the country or is it that they can't receive food from out of the country?
We can't send to the US. You guys can send almost anything up here.

donk

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
Actually, it may depend on the food. Customs is pretty picky about "raw" meat and cheese products from Europe.(foot and mouth, other bacteria)

Pre packaged items, like candy and condiments are usually OK.

jmf

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess a - hopefully - goddess worthy item went in the mail last night for you from Nova Scotia.

nerudite

Cyburbian
donk said:
Actually, it may depend on the food. Customs is pretty picky about "raw" meat and cheese products from Europe.(foot and mouth, other bacteria)

Pre packaged items, like candy and condiments are usually OK.
Well, I didn't mean *everything*... I mean, drug running and gun running is generally unacceptable. :)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
nerudite said:
Well, I didn't mean *everything*... I mean, drug running and gun running is generally unacceptable. :)
Uh, TP, we may have a problem :-0

Queen B

Cyburbian
I wish you a RUMPY Christmas!!!!!!!

Oh, Rumpster........

Your package is in the mail,

Your Christmas package, silly

And I lied to the Feds, they were probably trying to help me and now it will probably explode in the plane or freeze solid on the way there.
So what I am saying is that it could be an exploded present by the time it gets there. I REALLY hope it is not. But it will be a learning experience.

Be sure to check out the packing material, too.

I had a great time shopping for you!!!!
I hope you enjoy it as much!

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
Merry X-mas to you Queen B

Queen B said:
Oh, Rumpster........

Your package is in the mail,

Your Christmas package, silly

And I lied to the Feds, they were probably trying to help me and now it will probably explode in the plane or freeze solid on the way there.
Is it a puppy with a bomb attached to it? Yes!!! I'll be waiting for it. Thanks Queen B, this could be a great scientific lesson for us in case I decide to ship myself somewhere, like that guy in Dallas.

SGB- yours will be on the way either saturday or monday. I still have no idea what to get you, but I think I'm zeroing in on it.

Bullwinkle

Cyburbian
Hey Big Easy King! Watch your mailbox. I guarantee you it is something you cannot find in the Big Easy. Hope you enjoy it!

nerudite

Cyburbian
Bullwinkle said:
Hey Big Easy King! Watch your mailbox. I guarantee you it is something you cannot find in the Big Easy. Hope you enjoy it!
Rocky Mountain Oysters, eh? ;)