• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

send your best wishes to Mrs. Boiker

boiker

Cyburbian
My wife had emergency surgery to remove her gall bladder on Wednesday afternoon. She's doing fine now, but had me damned worried when she complained of chest pains when I took her to the emergency room at 1 am yesterday.

She commented that she never thought she could feel pain worse than labor....until a gall stone got lodged in a tube exiting the gall bladder.

on a lighter note: consider this a chance to post pad :)

Last edited:

JNL

Cyburbian
boiker - all the best to your wife for a speedy recovery. Tell her to make sure her husband takes extra good care of her and fusses over her lots! Oh wait, that's you right? ;)

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
That's a nightmare.
Glad your wife is improving.
Take good care of one another.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Get well soon Mrs Boiker, and don't eat too much fat. If you do you will soon discover what the gall bladder is supposed to do.

Some friend of mine -- with an even worse morbid sense of humor than mine -- noted that she was a couple of pounds lighter after they removed some organ of hers.

Should I ask my friend who lived in a monastery for 10 years to pray for her? :-D

Good luck/take care.

Budgie

Cyburbian
I've heard that somethings hurt worse than others, but something that can be described as worse than child birth has got to be .... well, really painful (can't find an appropriate adjective).* I hope for a placid recovery period. Tell her to hang in there, relax and treat her attendants (both professional and family) as slaves. But thank them later.

* Editors note - the author of this reply has neither been through child birth or gall bladder stones and surgery.

Doitnow

Cyburbian
Best wishes to Mrs Boiker and being in good health also means feeling good overall.

SO my advice:
'Start feeling good once the painful part is over.'

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I do not know if I could even begin to imagine that type of pain. I hope the best for her, and she will be in my prayers.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Sending out prayers and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

The same thing happened to my father a couple of years back and the way he described the pain really makes me feel for Mrs. Boiker.

SGB

Cyburbian
Speedy and comfortable recovery, Mrs. B.

[ot]I just had an ultrasound on my gall bladder this week looking for a similar problem. 8-! [/ot]

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Best wishes for a full and speedy recovery, Mrs. B.

This is about the fourth gall bladder surgery I've heard about in the past 10 days, including my son's teacher and my wife's cousin. It's weird how these things seem to come in bunches.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Wowser!!

I'm sure she's much better now, and I hope for a quick recovery. o:)

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Best wishes to your wife and family. The pain must have been awful, but the fear of what could be wrong while having chest pains must have been even worse.

pete-rock

Cyburbian
Wow! That can really be scary. I'm glad you guys made it through.

Best wishes for a quick and full recovery for Mrs. Boiker.

BTW, pain worse than labor? Mrs. Boiker must be RUGGED! ;)

Trail Nazi

Cyburbian
I hope that Mrs. Boiker feels better very soon. All the best to you both.

This is a great opportunity to treat her like the queen she is and pamper her endlessly. Don't forget the flowers. She will never forget it.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Same thing happened to my mom a few years back. Scared the bejeebies out of us, but now she's just fine. Sorry to hear of your scare... I hope she has a speedy recovery.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Wow, best of wishes, hope she feels much much better soon! My sister-in-law had the same thing about a year ago, and she's much better now.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I hope Mrs. B has a speedy recovery, and she is so impressed by how well you treat her that she completely forgets how painful it was. Spoil her. :D

ludes98

Cyburbian
Wow that is awful. Glad everything is better now. Bright side: Not cancer. 8-!

BKM

Cyburbian
Ah, that's terrible. Thank goodness she is recovering. Best wishes for her speedy recovery.

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Trail Nazi said:
I hope that Mrs. Boiker feels better very soon. All the best to you both.

This is a great opportunity to treat her like the queen she is and pamper her endlessly. Don't forget the flowers. She will never forget it.
Ditto...ditto.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Mrs. Boiker,
May your recovery be speedy, may your husband be caring, and my your children go up to be republicans. Bless you.
el Guapo

boiker

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
Mrs. Boiker,
May your recovery be speedy, may your husband be caring, and my your children go up to be republicans. Bless you.
el Guapo
thank you, thank you, no thank you :) thank you
I hope thier political alignment is a thoughtful, individual decision.

THANK YOU ALL! My wife throughly enjoyed reading all your wishes of good health. She even laughed a few times.....painfully.

400 posts to clube status... taking me long enough

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Best wishes for the wifes health and your sanity! If its anything like kiddney stones god bless her, thats some killer pain.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Best wishes and a get well card for Mrs. Boiker, from YT. :)
Sorry for being late, but with my limited internet access, I do my best! :)