• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Sentimental about my Hometown

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Just got this pic e-mailed to me, as part of the promotional materials for the grand opening of a multi-purpose trail project in my hometown of Concord, NH. This trail is one of the first implemented projects from the Concord 20/20 Vision process, which I was involved in as a member of the Sounding Board.

I just like the pic because it shows a great shot of the state house dome from the other side of the Merrimack River.

More info (for those interested) on Concord 20/20 is at www.concord2020.org

3Terrill_Park_Sept_22_St_Hs_dome.jpg

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
That is a really beautiful shot. I think I need to visit NH very soon.

Pride for your hometown is great!

Duke Of Dystopia

Cyburbian
COOL!

I sometime wonder when people describe a lack of connection to where they are from. Hell, a lack of connection to ANY place. I think that lack of connection would make me feel so completly alone.

Neat pics by the way!

tsc

Cyburbian
Very nice... I imagine you are peak or just past peak... hills must have been beautiful!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Cool! Those are the kinds of projects I am most proud of. I'll have to visit sometime.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
OK....found a nice website from one of the elementary schools, where the kids took some digital pics....here's more of my hometown.....

Sacred Heart Chursh - This is the church I grew up going to. Used to have a school attached, where my mom went to elementary school.

33 Pleasant Street: Built in 1851, where the Concord Coach was first designed and built.

NH Legislative Office Building - Former post office, the post card that I posted in SAC's postcard thread.

The state library - former home to the NH Supreme Court

The State House

City Hall

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
NHPlanner said:
Sacred Heart Chursh - This is the church I grew up going to. Used to have a school attached, where my mom went to elementary school.
Back in 1990, I belonged to a youth ministry team based in St. Paul, MN, and we did a retreat at Sacred Heart in Concord. I remember well what a beautiful city it is; a great statehouse and state museum, a nice downtown, beautiful countryside. We spent four weeks in NH, traveling from Berlin all the way down to Jaffrey and Nashua, and did retreats all over: Manchester, Nashua, Hudson, Lebanon, Meredith, Rochester, Portsmouth, Rye, Hampton, Jaffrey, Claremont, Colebrook, some others I forget. Best memories: sitting on Rock Rimmon, walking up the Flume in the snow, Harrisville, Hampton Beach, downtown Portsmouth, Ste. Marie's in Manchester, Monadnock. I wanna go back!

JCDJ

I suggest

Duke Of Dystopia said:
COOL!

I sometime wonder when people describe a lack of connection to where they are from. Hell, a lack of connection to ANY place. I think that lack of connection would make me feel so completly alone.

Neat pics by the way!
I suggest you listen to the song "Under the Bridge" by the Red Hot Chili Peppers, I love that song, it makes me think of my own city (Jersey City) when I listen to it (even though he says "City of Angels). :)