• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Shameless Self-Promoters (AIB THE Donald)

Which celebrities are shameless self-promoters? These are people who relish in their celebrity status and actually believe their own hype.

Donald Trump has already been mentioned and boiker listed Kid Rock in the Apprentice thread.

My picks at this moment are: Jessica Simpson and Joan and Melissa Rivers .

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Planderella said:
Which celebrities are shameless self-promoters? These are people who relish in their celebrity status and actually believe their own hype.
I'd add America's newest celebrity, Assarom... I mean Omarosa Maginault-Stalworth, ro the list.

I'd add Geraldo Rivera and Michael Jackson to the list.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
How about Cardinal? :p

or, I would say, His Highness, the Mayoral Royalty - Richard M. Daley.

He seems to be completely comfortable with dominating Chicago city politics.

Big Easy King

Cyburbian
Without a doubt, the talentless Ashton Kucher. I'm amazed that people will spend money to see his films!

SGB

Cyburbian
Add New York Governor George "No, this isn't a political advertisement" Pataki to the list.

boiker

Cyburbian
Vanilla Ice was the poster child of self-promotion in the late 80s/early 90s. From time to time, he returns to VH1 to promote his latest recordings that validate him as a "talented artist" (I use the preceeding title loosely...very loosely).

Would anyone agree that Muhammad Ali is shameless at self-promoting as well? Although, he did back it up.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
boiker said:
Vanilla Ice
Would anyone agree that Muhammad Ali is shameless at self-promoting as well? Although, he did back it up.
he was a self-promoter extraordinaire! Lots of self-promoters are in fact highly skilled and successful people......it's just that they like to toot their own horns :8: that sets some people off.

Let me add to the list 99% of all rap artists (practically an integral component of the art form)

Budgie

Cyburbian
Don King --- Oh, that's right he is a promoter, but he's also a celebrity.
Rush Limbaughsky
Little Richard (I'm just sick of seeing him)
Janet Jackson (as of late)

ludes98

Cyburbian
Big Easy King said:
Carmen Electra and Dave Navarro
Don't you really think that Carmen is the driving force on that one? I can't say I see them that much, but I don't watch MTV either. She is a shameless self promoter using only her body and who she is sleeping with as tools.

otterpop

Cyburbian
Bill O'Reilly...what a massive tool! Second on Geraldo, too. Another momumental tool.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
mendelman said:
How about Cardinal? :p
What, just because I like to perch high up in a tree and belt out a tune? Hey, it isn't all about the showy red feathers, buddy! ;)