• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Shaving, fka Women, what's with the "healing?"

i have to say that i do know quite a few guys that shave, um, south of the navel, on a regular basis.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
That seems like it would be pretty hard to do (hahahahahah). Ahh...I crack myself up.....

No seriously...it *does* seem like it would be a treacherous area to shave.

Michael Stumpf said:

OK, but how many straight ones?
Most of them. their wives are all very appreciative. the only gay one that does had to do it due to crabs (long story) and then got hooked on it.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
most of the men i have dated shaved or were open to trying it. if its not all gone its very closely clipped

do it every day and its GREAT

Jeff

Cyburbian
....all chicks shave though too...right...I mean the days of Jungle Jane are long gone....

nerudite

Cyburbian
PlannerGirl said:
most of the men i have dated shaved or were open to trying it. if its not all gone its very closely clipped

do it every day and its GREAT

This has been my experience with men as well...

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I did it before my vasectomy. Not very comfortable. The guys I know that do it, do it because it makes them look....em.....larger.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Re: carefully very carefully.

buffy said:
How does one negotiate the curvilinear parts?

Not just curvilinear, but with an irregular surface. Hope I don't have to do it again.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Mach 3 razors are the best for this...area and lots of gel shaving foam. trim the hair short with sheers then take a warm bath and shave away. after that its much easier

giggles

or have someone else use a str8t razor

Planderella

Cyburbian
I'm may be just a little too high strung to use one of those razors. Plus I suffer from a mild case of Attention Deficent Disorder.....one distraction and someone is in the emergency room trying to explain THAT shaving accident. LOL

prudence

Cyburbian
What have I missed??

You take a little time off to convalesce and actually work, and you seem to miss everything.

I don't know if I want to jump into this conversation.

Thinking...

Thinking...

Thinking...

Habanero

Cyburbian
I prefer the Venus to the Mach 3- only because there's hardly a way for you to knick yourself. Otherwise, in the summer, I've got a great waxer that does most of the strippers in town- meaning she does a very good job.

Planderella

Cyburbian
The only thing I've ever been willing to get waxed is my eyebrows and that's a painful experience.

prudence

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:
I heard stripper....

Strippers make the world a better place for all of us...

1. Women denouce strippers and the profession, thus enhancing their own self-esteem.

2. Men get to see women get naked.

It's a WIN-WIN.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I just don't like the strippers that shoot ice at you, or the ones that wear their wedding rings while dancing.. oh, or the ones where you can still see the stretch marks from when they had their baby. That's it.. oh, and I don't like the trashy ones... :)

Jeff

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
I just don't like the strippers that shoot ice at you, or the ones that wear their wedding rings while dancing.. oh, or the ones where you can still see the stretch marks from when they had their baby. That's it.. oh, and I don't like the trashy ones... :)

They're not strippers....they are just ho's.

Strippers work at classy establishments, gentlemen's clubs.

Planderella

Cyburbian
Mike DeVuono said:

They're not strippers....they are just ho's.

Strippers work at classy establishments, gentlemen's clubs.

Those who work at those classy establishments and such will tell you that they are not strippers, but EXOTIC DANCERS!

prudence

Cyburbian
TexasPlanner said:
I just don't like the strippers that shoot ice at you,

Well, of course not...that's both dangerous and unsanitary.

or the ones that wear their wedding rings while dancing..

You're right, it ruins the fantasy...

oh, or the ones where you can still see the stretch marks from when they had their baby.

'nuf said.

[/QUOTE]That's it.. oh, and I don't like the trashy ones... :)
[/QUOTE]

You are finding reasons not to like them. Which ones do you like??

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I gave a few bucks to one a year or so ago. She was awesome, skin the color of chocolate milk. It was at a nice mom and pop bar, and daughter was one of the dancers. The ones a couple of weeks ago were not so good, the both looked like they had a serious meth habit.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
prudence said:
You are finding reasons not to like them. Which ones do you like?? [/B]

I have a Bachelor party weekend to attend in Chicago this weekend. I am sure I will find out which ones I like.

I have been out to the strip clubs in Milwaukee and run into strippers that I have either worked with in College or went to high school with. It is always a bit ackward, especially when you know their real names.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
jtfortin said:

It is always a bit ackward, especially when you know that there real names.

You mean "Shilo" and "Jade" were not their real names!

buffy

I get a brazilian wax, Oh momma does that hurt!

Guys you think a straight razor against your nads is rugged, try ripping the hairs off your perineum ! Now that is rugged!

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
I have a Bachelor party weekend to attend in Chicago this weekend. I am sure I will find out which ones I like.
Have fun! Chad went to one a year or two ago, and it was pretty...ummmm... interesting. It was at a private club, not a dance establishment, so things got pretty wild, especially for the groom.

Can't say as that I have had that done. I'm in the sticks, so I am sure I would have to drive an hour to find someone that does it. How long does it take? Do they sit and talk to you while they are doing it? Isn't it uncomfortable to just sit there with your cookie hanging out?

Habanero

Cyburbian
prudence said:

You are finding reasons not to like them. Which ones do you like??

I like all the other ones-

SW MI Planner said:

Isn't it uncomfortable to just sit there with your cookie hanging out?

Slightly amusing- milk is a skin soother. My person takes about 30-45 minutes, she makes sure everything is even- but you're still covered up, not all breezy like.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
I know I should stay away from this conversation . . .
but - isn't a guy doing that oddly childlike in a very weird way?

Jeff

Cyburbian
buffy said:

Guys you think a straight razor against your nads is rugged, try ripping the hairs off your perineum ! Now that is rugged!

Oh quit yer whining....

Mastiff

Gunfighter
KMateja said:

Rob only once ever erroneously pulled the "time of the month" card, to which I responded: "No, its not that time of the month, but you really are looking at a week of no sex if you keep it up, jackass."

I'd have to trump that one...

"You mean, a week of no sex with YOU, honey..."

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Michael Stumpf said:

OK, but how many straight ones?

I'm one... sometimes a trim, sometimes clean. Of course, I don't do it, I have my girl do it. There is a particular activity I enjoy that is better to do with less hair growth... ifyaknowwhaddimean.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
TexasPlanner said:
So sex doesn't stop after marriage? Hmmm.. interesting.

Once you have kids it becomes more irregular....but I wouldn't say it stops....

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Mastiff said:

I'm one... sometimes a trim, sometimes clean. Of course, I don't do it, I have my girl do it. There is a particular activity I enjoy that is better to do with less hair growth... ifyaknowwhaddimean.

TMI! TMI! TMI!

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
NHPlanner said:

Once you have kids it becomes more irregular....but I wouldn't say it stops....

Yes, very irregular