• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Shoot Your Bike!

el Guapo

Capitalist
With a camera...post a picture here. Don't own a bike? Shame. :( Well, then run down to your local bike store, drop some cash, shoot a photo and post it here. This is not a "who spent the most money contest." It is a share your ride thread.

Here is my 1985 Raleigh Technium - I ride this one mostly in the evenings and at night and as my utility/commuter. I have a Trek 1000 that I ride for speed during the weekends.

Attachments

Repo Man

Cyburbian
Nice guard dog you have for the bike. I will post mine tomorrow. Unfortunately I have to use a lock to keep people from stealing it as my landlord doesn't allow pets.

martini

Cyburbian

My mountain bike. Custom made for my tall butt. Spent alot on it, and its been worth it.

My Trek commuter. Plain old stock size. Free, and I love it even more. Its my favorite bike. This was obviously taken in colder, snowier times. I love riding in the snow, its just plain old FUN.

Not pictured, another mountain bike and my road bike which is being painted now. Click the pictures to see them bigger, eh?

freewaytincan

Cyburbian
That's okay dude. Here's my bike; it's a hybrid (mountain + street = awesome)...

My other car.

Last edited by a moderator:

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Easy Rider

Here it is, that rolling La-Z-Boy, that Barcalounger on wheels, DecaturHawk and his Sun EZ-1 SuperCruzer!

1419Recumbent1-med.jpg

No, I don't usually dress like this to ride. :8: Get your motor runnin....head out on the highway! :8:

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
My bike (sort of) - 1996 Trek 970

This isn't actually my bike, but it is the same year and model, and size-19.5 inch (I think)

Mine has non-stock LX Rapid-Fire shifters, a RockShox Judy XC front fork, clipless pedals, and high-end bar ends.

I love the high-end cro-moly (sp?) frame. It's nice and supple. Aluminium is too rigid for me.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian

That is basiclly my bike only I have black peddles and a bag under the seat.

I'll try to get a shot of my mountain bike and upload monday.

Last edited:

Wulf9

el Guapo said:
That must have been some wreck to cause that much damage. Are you OK? ;)
Yup. All okay.

Unfolded, it looks like a circus bike. Very small wheels. Folded, it fits in a suitcase and can be send at no extra cost by plane or tossed in the trunk for biking at any destination.

I have contemplated a "real" bike, but the Brompton has a huge carry bag on the front stem that will hold lots of stuff. It's pretty convenient. And it's not that bad for short rides +/- 5 miles.

Because it's portable, I ride a lot more than I would if I had to fit a normal bike onto a car or on transit.

Queen B

Cyburbian
Decatur, I so want one of those.
Is it fun to ride?
I just think that would be so much more civil than me putting my backside on a bike seat for everyone to see...

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
Queen B said:
Decatur, I so want one of those.
Is it fun to ride?
I just think that would be so much more civil than me putting my backside on a bike seat for everyone to see...
It is AWESOME to ride...the fun is in the ride, because there is no sore butt/wrists/neck to distract you from the fun. I got one of the cheapest ones on the market--only $400 plus shipping--but you can spend more for a lighter bike with a better set of components (my next 'bent will be a compact or regular long wheelbase with underseat steering and full size wheels for more speed and power). Check out 'Bent Rider Online for reviews of great recumbents as well as sources to buy them.

BKM

Cyburbian
DecaturHawk said:
Here it is, that rolling La-Z-Boy, that Barcalounger on wheels, DecaturHawk and his Sun EZ-1 SuperCruzer!

1419Recumbent1-med.jpg

No, I don't usually dress like this to ride. :8: Get your motor runnin....head out on the highway! :8:
Haven't you heard, DH. You need a gnarly BEARD to qualify for recumbant ownership. That and a lifetime listening to the Mighty Winds soundtrack. Get with the program!

Edit: TIO beat me to it :)

DecaturHawk

Cyburbian
BKM said:
Haven't you heard, DH. You need a gnarly BEARD to qualify for recumbant ownership. That and a lifetime listening to the Mighty Winds soundtrack. Get with the program!

Edit: TIO beat me to it :)
The Irish One said:
Forgot one minor detail, Recumbent riders are either Canadian or applying for asylum in Canada.
ROTFL! Man, I just don't fit the profile. I DID love "A Mighty Wind" though (anything by Christopher Guest is funny in my book). And I love Canada, I just can't afford to live there.