• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Shopping for REAL Women

Status
Not open for further replies.

el Guapo

Capitalist
SW MI Planner said:
Now she works for Merck Pharmaceuticals making the big $$$ and thereby making our prescriptions more expensive.

Would you rather have the mullets developing your prescription drugs? ;)

The question was not directed at you Mike D.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Shopping for REAL Women

Michele Zone said:

My apologies El Guapo. You are right: I do bear a certain amount of hostility towards white males. Mea Culpa. Some of it has to do with how often I experience misunderstandings with them due to the confusion over the assumption that I am culturally similar to them. For the longest time, I couldn't figure out what the disconnect was.

You think you got it bad? Try this one. Sorry el Guapo, for TMI. My ex- physically assaulted me and molested my kid. Still, I do not bear a general hostility towards white males. They're guys, for cryin out loud. They make juvenile comments. We do too, just usually not so publicly. Get over it.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
SW MI Planner said:
The man should get some cahones and approach the girl ;) Then of course, the ones they approach are the 5'4 skinny ass blondes (sorry blondes).

If "Gentlemen Prefer Blondes" then I am no gentleman. (set... waiting for the spike...) Oh yeah, I do love the blondes. But at the end of the day, it is the dark-haired beauties that get my vote.

michaelskis said:
OK… let me start off by saying that I have dated MANY women who have been heavier than average. All of them (except one) are still great friends of mine. So I do not discriminate when it comes to the weight thing. FACT IS, women have it soooo much easier then guys do.

Okay, at the risk of getting myself into more trouble, I don't think you heard anything I said. My 'complaint' is being dismissed as OLD. lol. And I got married at 19 and my 19th wedding anniversary is coming up. So I am not desperate for a date.

I married a skinny, scrawny geeky dork with long hair, thick glasses and no taste whatsoever in clothes. He couldn't get a date to save his life in high school. Neither could I. I could get dates elsewhere, but not at my high school. I had the highest SAT scores in my graduating class. No one had the cajones to ask me out. I suffered from that stereotype that 'smart girls' aren't intersted or whatever.

But, at the risk of being further misunderstood, let me tell you a profound secret that I think is plain as day but many people cannot seem to figure out: the linguistic root word for 'relationship' is RELATE, not 'date'. The few guys I did date never got to see me a second time. They seemed to have the impression that paying for pizza and a movie entitled them to some kind of 'payment in kind' -- they felt entitled to kiss, grope, whatever. This made me feel treated like a commodity -- in short, they treated me like a prostitute. They put out money and I was supposed to put out sexually in some fashion.

The man I married was a friend that I had hobbies in common with and spent a lot of time with. He was my best friend. It was supposed to be a summer fling before I went off to college. I never did go away. I gave up a scholarship in part to stay with him. I placed my faith in him. He joined the army. They gave him a hair cut and put some meat on his bones and issued him uniforms so his style impairment hardly mattered. All my friend's moms would say "God, is he a Looker. I can see why you married HIM!!!" My husband and I would die laughing.

If you really want a gal that will stick around, find some nerdy girl you think is too pathetic to be seen in public with who happens to read the same books you read. Borrow books from her. Lend her books of yours. Discuss them over pizza, dutch treat. When you discover that you already spend all your time together and discuss everything under the sun and feel more comfortable around her than anyone else, take her to bed and buy her an engagement ring.

After she has a couple of kids by you, she will gain those hips and boobs she so sorely lacked when you thought she was too nerdy to be seen in public with.

But, hey, you probably won't listen to a nut like me who whigs out in public while short of sleep. I cannot possibly know anything. I have only been married half my life and have yet to hit 40 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.