• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Show us your Pooches!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
A few years ago we had a similar thread, but rather than renew an oldie, let's start anew, since we have sooo many new members!

Here's my boys:

Habanero

Cyburbian

Sadie Madison in the purple and Hatcher Bear Weimaraner Extraordinaire in the black.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Bailey and Guinness.

Habanero - looks like a Boxer (with the world's biggest tongue!) and an AmStaff/Weimeraner mix. Do they ever calm down?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Dan said:
Bailey and Guinness.
Habanero - looks like a Boxer (with the world's biggest tongue!)
OMG I thought that was a bandana! ROTFLMAO!!

Oh, and for the record, Habanero definitely does not look like a boxer. 8-!

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Holy Crap 8-! I thought Sadie Madison had a piece of Flank Steak in her mouth.

I think your dog needs tounge reduction surgery, does she ever choke on that thing?

biscuit

Cyburbian
I don't own a dog of my own (apartment living just doesn't seem fair to a dog), but I vicariously have one through the fiancee. This is her dog Duke. 100lbs (45 kilos) of black lab love. He's a real sweet dog, just sometimes not the brightest bulb in the pack.

This picture, along with the caption, was sent to me by my fiancee's sister and is currently the wallpaper on my desktop at work. :-D

Parker - Golden Retreiver/Chow Mix - 6 1/2 y.o.
Jess - Black Lab/Dobie Mix - 5 1/2 y.o.
60Parkjlo-med.jpg

Habanero - I cannot believe HOW big your guys are now! I feel so stupid saying that, but it seems like just yesterday they were little ankle biters! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I live in an Apartment complex that does not permit us to have dogs... but as soon as I get my own place... I want to get a social, smart, medium size dog with extremely high energy so it can keep up with me.

Habanero

Cyburbian
PlannerByDay said:
Holy Crap 8-! I thought Sadie Madison had a piece of Flank Steak in her mouth.

I think your dog needs tounge reduction surgery, does she ever choke on that thing?
LOL, it's usually of normal size until she gets hot. The first time I saw her tounge like that I thought she had gotten bit by something and was having an allergic reaction.

Downtown, I know. They're huge now. Hatcher is one of the bigger Weimaraners our vet has seen, he's nearing 80lbs. Sadie is only about 60-65, but she's all muscle.

tsc

Cyburbian
Elisabeth said:
Here's my boy, Mr. Luke (11/95-3/04)--Bernese Mountain Dog, winter '03
what a handsome guy....problem with dogs...is that they don't live as long as us....my old guy is 11....and has been battling cancer... but still full of the ole nick.

boiker

Cyburbian
dang... all these sheddy, dander producing, dogs. My allergies are acting up just looking at the pictures. :-#

no dog right now.

ludes98

Cyburbian
Here is our 6 year old male, Micro:

and our little puppy who drowned last year, the day after my birthday :-c

We have a new female, but I don't have one at work.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Elisabeth said:
Here's my boy, Mr. Luke (11/95-3/04)--Bernese Mountain Dog, winter '03
Elisabeth - where did you get him out of curiosity? A friend of mine breeds and shows Bernese, has national honors with them, and if it has papers, she would know the lineage.

Elisabeth

Cyburbian
Chet said:
Elisabeth - where did you get him out of curiosity? A friend of mine breeds and shows Bernese, has national honors with them, and if it has papers, she would know the lineage.

Luke (AKC name: Bev's Coolhand Luke) is from Beverly Burney in Utica, New York. Luke is from Westminster lines, but we never showed him--he was just our family dog. I posted pics from last winter because the most recent pics I have don't do him justice--he had bladder and lung cancer and lost over 20 lbs and just didn't look like himself. Anyway, we got our first one, Abby, from the same breeder when I was 5 years old, I'm 23 now and these past few months without the presence of a Berner (or any dog for that matter!) have been tough. I'm hoping that since I've decided to stay local for my masters that my parents will get a berner puppy this fall. There's another breeder named Libby Kesner near Albany that we might go with this time because my Mom has become friends with her and she even let us come play with pups a couple weeks ago. I tried to post those puppy pics (so cute) but it doesn't seem to be working.

Rem

Cyburbian
Reuben the Labrador

Some of you may remember Reuben as a pup. Here he is at 6 months.

There is actually a little bit less of him now than there was in the photo. He doesn't like me talking about it but last week he visited the vet and had the unkindest cut of all. :5 It makes him more like an All Black after which he is named though ;-) (ducks to avoid JNL's wrath).