• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Show us your 'top!

60Screen-med.JPG

Its a few months old, but still awfully cute.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
My latest:

Attachments

• wesdesktop.jpg
    wesdesktop.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 289

Habanero

Cyburbian
Look at the beautiful Cyburbian babies!

Mine is the same as my avatar- my version of a baby.

Margin Walker

Cyburbian
Used to have a picture of my kids, but a co-worker felt that this was more appropriate for some reason and I haven't changed it back. Been re-sized of course

Attachments

• desktop.JPG
    desktop.JPG
    14.9 KB · Views: 268

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Wanigas? said:
I'm too busy too care what my desktop looks like.
Good Lord, however does your computer run?? Mine would choke and burst into flames with that much stuff open! :-o

Hceux

Cyburbian
I couldn't even do the following steps:
GeogPlanner said:
here's mine...just use the "print screen" key on your key board and paste into a paint/photo program and resize to fit (4.17 x 3.13 is what I resized to).

So, I decided to provide a link to show you what's on my wallpaper (yes, it's work safe): Endless Summer The funny thing is that I haven't even seen the movie or even surfed, but I like the picture very much. :D

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
For those that couldn't print their screens: Did you try pressing CTRL+ Print Screen?
Sometimes it doesn't work if you just press print screen.
My Desktop:
I don't know if the last time I posted I had the same background or not; but anyways, the earlier pic is gone now.

Click on the Image to see full 1024x768 image.

Hceux

Cyburbian
SkeLeton said:
For those that couldn't print their screens: Did you try pressing CTRL+ Print Screen?
Sometimes it doesn't work if you just press print screen.

Thanks for the tip, but it still didn't work. Maybe my computer is getting too old. :-c

Bear Up North

Cyburbian Emeritus
What Is Your PC Screen Background?

Time for a different kind of "background check".

What is the background you save on your computer screen? Do you change it often?

This Bear now has a nice photo of the Mackinac Bridge. This has been my background for about a month or so.

Before that, during football season, I would change it weekly. I would place either a University of Michigan action photo (from a previous game that week) or a Pittsburgh Steeler action photo (from a previous game that week).

Before football season I had a cool photo of the lift bridge that is between Hancock and Houghton, in the Uperr Penninsula of Michigan.

Bear Ain't Gonna Pay No Toll

Rem

Cyburbian
Bear, I do not know what the Mackinac Bridge looks like so it is time you learnt how to post pictures.

My PC has Reuben (see below) as my current background - I haven't changed it for a while but I go through phases where I change it regularly.

1524040404_Reuben_6mths_old_lite-thumb.JPG

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
Picture of the bf and I at my 31st birthday dinner. Im a bit tipsy, hes a bit tired and I have a crown of sunflowers on my head-go figure.

NHPlanner

Staff member
Moderator note:

Threads merged

Last edited:

noj

Cyburbian
Here is my current desktop:

3185mytop-med.jpg

I normally change mine about every month, as I download them off the ordnance survey website. Ordnance Survey are the national mapping company here, and thus appeal to a planning geek like myself ;) . They have a new image every month; this month it is Malham Cove in the Yorkshire Dales National Park, one of my favourite spots in the country. The view is of the limestone pavements on top of the cove looking outwards.

Bottom left you can just see a small picture of my 12 week old son, Ben. He's a little star.

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
I've "inherited" a second workstation with the additional duties here. It's just Microsoft Blue on the wallpaper. Haven't had a chance to "pimp my ride."

BTW: noj what's that calendar do-hicky on your 'top? I need something like that.

Habanero

Cyburbian
desktopsmall.JPG

wedding pictures, and a picture of my friend's baby when she first woke up in the morning (I love that child).

Geog, I know Webshots has something similar, but you have to download the program (free).

noj

Cyburbian
GeogPlanner said:
BTW: noj what's that calendar do-hicky on your 'top? I need something like that.

Its already on the screensaver when I download it from the o/s website. I'm sure there must be a way of putting a calendar on your own desktop somehow though. I'm just not clever enough to know how I'm afraid :)

NH - Awwww...... that is too much. I'm sure he was thrilled with the victory!

Hab - I know I've seen them before, but I'll say it again - your photographer did a great job - it just looked like such a beautiful day.

I'm such a sucker for weddings and babies.

Plannerbabs

Cyburbian
Ok, so how do you get your screen up there?? I tried the "print screen" with and w/out ctrl, and nothing happened.

The One

Cyburbian
How 'bout

Budgie said:
Why yes, that is Ozzy.

Here's what's on my top now.

699GFR.jpg

Name that band.

I'd like to have the band Spinal Tap on my screen...... ;) :-D

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Plannerbabs said:
Ok, so how do you get your screen up there?? I tried the "print screen" with and w/out ctrl, and nothing happened.

You have to then paste it somewhere

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Changed my desktop since last time...
Now this is an example of being an anime fan and liking a clear desktop:
1192prnt-scrn021205-med.JPG

I updated it this morning:

mztop19feb2.jpg

Of course, I updated it because I was goofing off after rearranging my office, too tired to do anything "productive". Why am I rearranging my office? To make room for my new computer. That means I put new wallpaper on a computer that is being replaced. Duh! :cool:

I am an idjit. :-x :-$

zman

Cyburbian
Here's mine. I just uploaded the photo itself, not the 'top.
I like to think of it as a reminder that while I toil away in the corner cubicle of the city planning office, the Greater Good is being accomplished.

RMN.jpg

spunky2

Cyburbian
Yes, that is a cow climbing... with trad gear. It does happen occasionally.

Attachments

• screen.jpg
    screen.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 297

prana

Cyburbian
desktop.jpg

some very nice pics on other's computers as well! This is a wall in a beer store in Belgium. Nothing but Belgian beers.....beautiful!!

NHPlanner

Staff member
updated mine again, felt obliged to share....

Attachments

• bathdesktop.jpg
    bathdesktop.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 183

Tide

Cyburbian
Here's mine... Also I guess this could be a GTC (Guess that city) because I just randomly found this pic and I liked it but I don't know where it is.
My guesses are Chicago or another Great Lakes city.

desktopjan05.JPG

NHPlanner

Staff member
revisiting an old thread...photo by my wife (not bad for the camera phone!)

2saxlit.jpg

Joe Iliff

Reformed City Planner
Well, since NHP has a pic of a kid on his desktop, here is mine.
9h5fzs.jpg

BTW, that shirt says "Easily distracted by food and video games". Very appropriate for my 7 year old.