• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Shrek 2

SGB

Cyburbian
AIB Gedunker and boiker:

boiker said:
[ot]Did you notice when Sherk was riding "Mongo" he tried to drink the Farbucks latte sign? All the patrons ran out of Farbucks and into the one across the street. Good stuff :)[/ot]
We took our four year old son and his 6 week old sister to see it yesterday. He loved it; she (bless her little soul) slept through the entire film.

I actually think I liked the first movie better. This one has a bit more adult humor filler that could have been better used to entertain the younguns', IMO.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
SGB said:
We took our four year old son and his 6 week old sister to see it yesterday. He loved it; she (bless her little soul) slept through the entire film.

I actually think I liked the first movie better. This one has a bit more adult humor filler that could have been better used to entertain the younguns', IMO.
I had my 4 year old daughter and 7 year old son when we went to the nearly sold-out 11:35 am show yesterday. She loved it; his first words after we walked out were "Can we buy it on DVD when it comes out so we can watch it whenever we like?" A ringing endorsement if ever there were one, IMO :-D The rest of the day was "en garde".

[callous parent] I don't feel too bad if the little 'uns miss something. For $15.75 just to pass the gate plus another $15.25 for treats, I want to get a chuckle, too![/callous parent]

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I took my 11-year old and his buddy and they both like it as well as the first one.

I thought it was hilarious, especially Puss n Boots and the catnip.

boiker

Cyburbian
..to build on my comments:

my 4 yr old and 17 mo old loved it and I did as well. The story flowed well, the jokes for the kids and adults were both good. I thought that there were more observational jokes in this one.

Budgie

Cyburbian
The true beauty of the Shrek movies is the flawless mix of child and adult humor. The adult humor goes over the kiddos heads, while the parents are about to piss their pants. Point in case, the Pinochio Thong scene. ABSOLUTELY BRILLIANT !!!!!!!!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I think I agree with most reviews I've read about Shrek2 - enjoyed Shrek1 more but still pretty damn funny.
There were lots more jokes for adults to enjoy in 2. Mom and dad like all the references to LA, movies (old and new), and other pop culture.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
I have yet to see it, but I can imagine how funny it is. I have seen some of the previews... I wonder what drugs the writers are on when the come up with some of these things.

boiker

Cyburbian
michaelskis said:
I have yet to see it, but I can imagine how funny it is. I have seen some of the previews... I wonder what drugs the writers are on when the come up with some of these things.
[ot]
/channeling the simpsons

Otto: Wow! A talking dog! What were you guys smoking when you came up with this?

Writer: We we're eating rotisserie chicken. Just read the lines.
[/ot]

Habanero

Cyburbian
I loved it, and we didn't have any little people to take. :) I loved all of the movie refrences- the alien scene was classic!

I loved Puss n Boots! "I swear- itz not mine!"