• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Rant Side elevation aesthetics (was Why, Why, Why)

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Townhome development in my town. Why would the architect do such a thing? All are like this on the side elevation.

SFT.JPG

Reactions: Dan

Streck

Cyburbian
As a former architect, I can tell you it is not an architect's choice, but usually the developer (if he even had an architect) who does not want to spend the money on developing and building different side elevations, and the buyers (or renters) do not care.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
As a former architect, I can tell you it is not an architect's choice, but usually the developer (if he even had an architect) who does not want to spend the money on developing and building different side elevations, and the buyers (or renters) do not care.
Not that, the top window is not centered. Just don't understand why the architect did not center, bottom window is mostly centered.

DVD

Cyburbian
Interior floor plan? Maybe it makes sense inside the house. Goes to the whole ugly boxes with holes punched in them comment by Frank Lloyd Wright.