• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Sigfried and helphelpgetthistigeroffofmeAAAARRG!

Jen

Cyburbian
Just reading peoples inane comments, they sat there stupidly with unbelieving eyes that the entertainment has turned deadly. Haven't they ever seen those TV programs that feature live footage of zoo and circus animals that turn vicious! Thirty years in the ring with tigers and now this happens, too bad for Roy, I hope he pulls through.

Yeah I may be overreacting but no way in hell am I ever taking my kids to an animal act!

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Isn't this the second time? I thought there was an episode of the Simpsons....

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
Here is what Cardinal was refering to:

From the Simpson's Archive http://www.snpp.com/

Inside one of the showrooms, Gunter and Ernst demonstrate their talented albino tiger riding a unicycle.
"A round of applause, please, for Anastasia. She loves show-business.
So much nicer than the savagery of the jungle, ja?"
In a flashback, we see Anastasia sleeping peacefully in Africa.
Behind her two men approach in a jeep.
"Hey, tiger!" one of them calls out, "Wake up!"
He shoots a tranquilizer dart into her, and she slumps over.
The memory angers her sufficiently to attack her owners and tear them to shreds.

http://www.snpp.com/episodes/1F08.html

Jen

Cyburbian
I have to retract my last statement. I am indeed taking my kids to see an animal act in a couple weeks. The Gregory Popovich Comedy Pet Theatre!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I saw some fat, dumb, and happy guy on CNN, recounting how he thought the attack was part of the show. Moron! Bet they have a long line of a$$holes trying to get a refund for the show.

In a more serious vein, I'm glad they didn't euthanize the tiger for being himself. That happens all too often.