• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Singing Billboards

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Anything that annoys Parisians is okay by me...

Try them over here and see what happens. The French are just such pussies, they won't shoot the speaker out of one...

BKM

Cyburbian
I need to watch my DVD of Bladerunner again. What an awesome apocalyptic vision of the future! Philip K. Dick was a genius.

ludes98

Cyburbian
Please say it isn't so! I can not imagine a "Minority Report" world. Advertising is creeping into my visual sense enough, now I have to hear it too? Never tried noise cancelling headphones, but maybe I will need to.

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
I hate advertising too... I find it just so dumb... so mind numbing... If I want to buy whatever product your selling, I'll buy it, only if I need it! I know that if I buy your stinkin' clothes brand no hot chicks are going to approach me just because of that...

el Guapo

Capitalist
I'm not going to admit to vandalizing the first singing gas pump I ever was forced to use, but I imagine the cost of reparing the glass facade and the speaker behind it, was more than they earned in additional sales generated by the assult on my environment. The super high volume level was so intrusive I just freaked.

ludes98

Cyburbian
el Guapo said:
I'm not going to admit to vandalizing the first singing gas pump I ever was forced to use, but I imagine the cost of reparing the glass facade and the speaker behind it, was more than they earned in additional sales generated by the assult on my environment. The super high volume level was so intrusive I just freaked.
That is just too funny. I did the same thing. New company to our market called QT. They also have Wal-Mart-esque pricing. They are a mega pump station with like 30 pumps. They have nice low prices, but as soon as 2 of the gas stations nearby closed...five cent increase. Needless to say I never go there now.