• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Uses Site development regulations for portable livestock incinerator

pandersen

Cyburbian
Hi all:
Anybody out there had experience in developing use/bulk requirements for an agricultural incinerator capable of handing deadstock i.e. cattle, pigs etc.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Is deadstock really a word? Never herd of a portable animal incinerator. Can you post pictures or descriptions? The town I work in used to have a 'permanent' rendering plant, and it fell into the Heavy Industrial land use category & regs.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Sorry I can't help with the traveling incinerator.

I am glad it's Friday. Editing to save face.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Chet said:
Is deadstock really a word? Never herd of a portable animal incinerator. Can you post pictures or descriptions? The town I work in used to have a 'permanent' rendering plant, and it fell into the Heavy Industrial land use category & regs.
I'd never heard of a portable animal incenerator either.

Did a search and found this website which offers a variety of machines (and some pretty cool one's I might add) to burn stuff including animals.

http://www.airburners.com/ab-principle.tpl

pandersen

Cyburbian
I don't have any pictures of this type of equipment (if it even exists). Was alerted this morning to a feedlot producer that wants to deal with cattle (that are to be withheld from processing and or rendering facilities due to disease etc) in this fashion - hence my request for information.

Look ma, cooter done built hisself a bbq!

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Wow how ironic.

Just this AM I changed my Avatar to Dubya with flames in the background, and now we've got a thread about portable incenerators and burining dead animals.

The similarities are amazing.

Burn Dubya Burn, only one more year.

Queen B

Cyburbian
I once saw a composting process on a fairly large swine facility. This facility was highly looked on for it's innovative solutions for swine production. I was really impressed. There was almost no smell until you got within 20 feet in mid summer. And even then the smell was not horrible. The producer said they cooked down to almost nothing, they had remains for about 20 of various sizes. I am sure there is something published on it. PM me and I will tell you where to look.