• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Skating in the City Center

cnyOntario

Post them if you got them. Actor Alec Baldwin was seen skating here with his daughter, Ireland, on Friday. (his picture skating made front page in the local newspaper..lol) His mother lives in Camillus, a Syracuse suburb. The Baldwin sons come to town occasionally to visit their mother.

SYRACUSE Clinton Square Ice Skating Rink:

1417CSskating175.jpg
1417CSskating172.jpg
1417CSskating179.jpg
1417CSskating194.jpg
1417CSskating189.jpg
1417CSskating184.jpg
1417CSskating192.jpg

They even play music while you skate!

ablarc

Cyburbian Emeritus
Clinton Square

What an almost great-looking square. Too bad it can't all look like picture #2. Pic 1 and pic 3 seem to show an elevated highway just beyond, green like the one they are right in the middle of taking down in Boston. I imagine this one has had an equally bad effect; I don't see much city left outside this square.

Cirrus

Cyburbian
Bethesda, MD:

Boulder, CO:
(In the winter this plaza is made in to an ice rink. I don't have a picture of it as a rink, but you get the idea)

Gaithersburg, MD: