• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

CAD Sketchup models for zoning and form-based codes

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
A couple of years ago, I started playing around with Sketchup. Whenever I felt anxious or stressed out, I found making a building model was very relaxing.

Anyhow, here's some of my models. My boss thinks they're ugly, "too complicated", and dismisses them because "you're not an architect". I'll let you be the judge. Feel free to download and use them for your codes, presentations, or whatever.

Last edited:

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
Those are great, considering you are self-taught! The sheer quantity of models you’ve made shows your commitment! Kudos to you!

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Those look better than what I've seen a number of architects produce.
Indeed.

Also, umm...your boss' attitude toward this great dept. resource....

If I had a staff member that could whip up great digi models like these, I'd have them modeling all the under developed areas of our traditional downtown and even some of the nice greyfield areas of our more auto-oriented commercial areas.

el Guapo

Capitalist
All I could find was a draft, but I did this one years ago.... I was trying to illustrate how a building's mechanicals could be hidden.
mechanical Equipment.png

Reactions: Dan

el Guapo

Capitalist
Baan_Thai_Sketch-Up.jpg
This was for the Historic Preservation Board's review of a sign permit for a Thai restaurant. It passed.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
I really like the first one!

A few similar drawings from the FBC I'm drafting. I might need to tweak the top image; the RTUs would probably be higher, and the parapet wall would need to be higher.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.jpg

Untitled3.jpg