• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Slackadaisical

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
Nothing here either. Elected officials should have given us the day off rather than wasting the utilities to heat and light the building.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
It's been tough to work much this week at all. Managed to get all my outstanding filing done, and did most of the stuff my boss left for me to do over the break.

There are maybe 4 other people on the floor today, and they're all at the other end of the hall. It's too "quiet" to work...I need some background noise/activity. Mrs. Tranplanner came downtown for lunch today so I took a bit of a longer break to do some shopping with her.

BKM

Cyburbian
Well, I volunteered to do the counter duty for the ONLY other planner in the office today-so he can more easily prepare a presentation for our boss (who is on vacation today :) ).

If he gets it done. I'm bailing at noon.

The problem: my own slackerness but, more importatnly, I have two big projects that have been kicked back to the consultants for revisions. And, said consultants are on vacation.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Yeah....been a tough day to get anything done.....plus it's the first day of officially being divorced....so I'm just not in the mood for anything today.

Seabishop

Cyburbian
I was cursing the fact that I had to come in this morning when driving in on the ice. There were 25 accidents on the stretch of highway I took and this was only under mild flurries.

I think I'm ready for a warmer climate. At least the heat doesn't make people swerve off the road and die.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Today is Elmo's only day off... and unfortunately, it's my first day back at work. I just went through my e-mails from my two weeks off, and I had *no* voicemails. It's totally weird.

It's so dead here that I'm leaving at noon. Which is now... yay! It's good to be the boss. ;)

I've gotten some things done, but I much rather be at home. I'm the only billable person in the office today and I doubt if the company is making any money off of me because of it. I'm outta here at 3:30 at the latest.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Complete whirlwind today. New Administration's first day on the job and a swarm of new faces (some familiar old ones, too!) and everybody looking for their offices, supplies, etc., etc., etc.

The former administration locked down several computers and will not return calls for passwords. IT can't by-pass 'em. Back east we'd call people that do this "schmucks".

Glad tomorrow's Saturday.

Queen B

Cyburbian
Monday/Friday's are the worst!!!

I got some stuff done this morning but this afternoon is killing me.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Man is it slow here today. There are only three people from my division here, so nothing is happening. I think I'll be heading out around 3:30.

After only working 2 half days this week It was rough getting out of bed and dragging myself downtown to the office this morning. Frankly, if I didn't need the days later on, I considered not coming in at all. Oh, to be able to sleep in on a gloomy, rainy day like today.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
It is totally dead, so I am cleaning up, filing, etc, hoping to start the new year more organized.

ludes98

Cyburbian
OMG is it boring here today. Most people took today off. I have actually been doing two things I rarely do at work, shopping ebay and clearing off my desk.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Re: Monday/Friday's are the worst!!!

Queen B said:
I got some stuff done this morning but this afternoon is killing me.
Oh I hear that... I keep looking at the clock waiting for 5 pm to hit. I have no motivation to do anything today. Maybe I will clean my desk...

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
i have now fully annexed the other side of the office area as my own since we lost our grant-funded staffer...

...my empire grows...

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I was bustin my butt to get packets out for Monday's meeting....people out sick. Got them out but it was touch and go about 4:30 though

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
My phone did not ring once. Clients were off. Both supervisors were off. I spent the entire day working on a proposal for a Downtown Plan, and doing some nitty-gritty roll up the sleeves neighborhood planning for one client. I got a ton of stuff done.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Chet said:
My phone did not ring once. Clients were off. Both supervisors were off. I spent the entire day working on a proposal for a Downtown Plan, and doing some nitty-gritty roll up the sleeves neighborhood planning for one client. I got a ton of stuff done.
Is it a good proposal? ;)

I put in a full day today writing text and editing images for an update of our website.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Cardinal said:
Is it a good proposal? ;)
You'll have to tell me! Your RFP said "short" but your scope requires a bit of detail IMO. :)