• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Slightly belated hello

perryair

Cyburbian
Hi, i've been reading for a month or two and have already made a few posts, but I just wanted to officially say hello.

My name is Perry, and im currently interning at the City of Fort Lauderdale. I've taken a semester of urban planning masters courses at FAU, but I am going to NYU for their planning program in the fall. I've also interned with a local Community Development Corporation to do some neighborhood planning and housing rehabilitation type of work.

This is really my first go around with the field, but I find economic development, housing development, and transit issues quite interesting. But there's still a lot to learn.

perryair

Cyburbian
Went up to "the city" this last weekend to take care of school stuff. I had no idea it got as hot as it does down here in Florida. Never been there during the summer before. It should be fun!

I generally try to avoid NYC in July and August, for the heat, January and February, for the slush. We have a wedding in Queens in two weeks, so let's hope for a cold snap! The rest of the months are really good to New York.