Hi there! 👋 Slightly belated hello

perryair

Cyburbian
Hi, i've been reading for a month or two and have already made a few posts, but I just wanted to officially say hello.

My name is Perry, and im currently interning at the City of Fort Lauderdale. I've taken a semester of urban planning masters courses at FAU, but I am going to NYU for their planning program in the fall. I've also interned with a local Community Development Corporation to do some neighborhood planning and housing rehabilitation type of work.

This is really my first go around with the field, but I find economic development, housing development, and transit issues quite interesting. But there's still a lot to learn.

perryair

Cyburbian
Went up to "the city" this last weekend to take care of school stuff. I had no idea it got as hot as it does down here in Florida. Never been there during the summer before. It should be fun!

I generally try to avoid NYC in July and August, for the heat, January and February, for the slush. We have a wedding in Queens in two weeks, so let's hope for a cold snap! The rest of the months are really good to New York.