• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Snapshot 7/12/19

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Who here owns a bicycle? Who actually rides it from time to time?

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't own one but am in the market for one.

Bubba

Cyburbian
Don't own one, haven't ridden one in about 30 years. Mrs. Bubba has given some thought to getting one since her office is only a couple of miles from the house, though.

Salmissra

Cyburbian
Hubby has a nice one. He was thinking about doing a mini tri, so needed a compatible bike.

It's a nice looking bike, even in the corner of the garage, with cobwebs from lack of use, and flat tires.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
Everyone in my family owns one, however, both mom and dad's bikes are not rideable. Why, you ask? Because Junior cannibalized them for parts for his bike (without permission of course) :mad:

Planit

Cyburbian
We have bikes and ride the occasionally. We used to ride more when The Girl was younger on various trails, but now I'll go on a 5-10 mile ride every few weeks & that's about it.

It's too freakin' hot right now to ride!

AG74683

Cyburbian
I bought a $600 Trek mountain bike in college, and used it a hand full of times. It was a terrible purchase. The bike shop undersized the bike so it was way too small for me. I sold it last year for around $250? I can't really remember. I don't have one now, and probably won't buy one any time soon.

dw914er

Cyburbian
I still have my old BMX bike that I want to fix up, but my wife thinks I would look ridiculous on it. We have talked about getting a bike when our daughter is old enough so that we can do family rides.

terraplnr

Cyburbian
I have a nice Trek road bike but it's had a flat tire for quite a while and needs a tune up. . . keeps getting pushed toward the bottom of the "I should get that taken care of this weekend" pile. Soon, bike, I promise!!