• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Snout house picture

Glomer

snowt house picture

does anyone have a picture of a snowt house.......where people are using the garage as their front porch or patio.

sitting in the garage in lawn chairs......waiving to people.

Runner

Cyburbian
We have many examples here. I will try to get you some pictures this weekend.

I remember a while ago, probably sometime last year, there was a thread about snout houses complete with plenty of pictures.

Runner

Cyburbian
Snout like duplexes

I did not catch any active "snout sitters" in action this weekend but here is a photo of a street with "snout like" duplexes. These are primarily occupied by college students who park on the driveway and street. The garages (snouts) have been converted to party rooms complete with couches, bars, neon signs, pool tables, lots of kegs, etc. It has become a major party destination for the local college students most nights of the week. Once in full swing the street is jammed with cars and pedestrians. This picture is taken when school is not in session.

The owners of high value single-family homes that the duplexes have been built behind are none too happy. An example of incompatible land uses?? A good reason for requiring a half mile buffer zone around all CSPF (College Student Party Facility) zoned areas??