• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Modeling / simulation Software for city design and simulation

Ryu

I came up with a concept for a way to do transportation in a city. I am looking for some software to create a model and run a simulation. It needs to be able to handle roads and bicycle ways at different heights. I also need to be able to place parking garages with these bicycle ways going into and out of the parking garages. What should I use?

WSU MUP Student

Cyburbian
You might want to check out a software called "UrbanSim". We've worked with an organization that uses that for modeling of future population and development growth and IIRC they have modules that allow you to simulate transportation patterns while factoring in things like available parking, daytime populations, etc.