• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Speaking of effective presentation skills....

SGB

Cyburbian
January 6, 2004, 8:44 PM EST

DES MOINES, Iowa -- Federal spending was the topic and Democratic presidential hopeful Dennis Kucinich came prepared with a pie chart to argue his point about a bloated Pentagon budget.

But although many listened to Tuesday's presidential debate, few could see the Ohio congressman's prop.

The debate was broadcast only on National Public Radio.
The full Newsday story

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Can you imagine if Bush made a mistake like that? There would be political cartoons about it for the rest of our lives.

mendelman

Unfrozen Caveman Planner
Staff member
Ross Perot's new business venture - Campaign advising

donk

Cyburbian
Does not surprise me, CBC radio does it all the time, has an interview/article on something that is only valid if you can see it.

My favourite interview of this type of all time: blind, deaf, mutes on Morningside.

El Feo

Cyburbian
Maybe on his planet, you actually can see radio shows.

But my personal favorite Kucinich doob-induced effort is his move to outlaw space-based mind control rays. Check out section 7(2)(A)(ii)(II). Clearly, this law is designed give his home planet an advantage in the space-based mind control ray race.

What I'd especially like to see is a piechart outlining how he managed to bankrupt Cleveland.