• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.
  • On Thursday night (2/21), I did something I probably shouldn't have with the server. I lost about 90 posts and three new users in the process. If you registered on Thursday, please re-register. If you posted on Thursday, maybe post twice as much on Friday? Again, I apologize. :(

Speed in architecural perception

i am doing a dissertation on THE IMPACT OF SPEED IN THE PERCEPTION OF ARCHITECTURE.

would anybody be interested in speaking out anything on the topic (or help out)

if anybody can refer some books, reference material or papers, that would be really helpful and appreciated.

thank you

I am doing my Thesis on Time and Architecture, and have found out some things that are very interesting along the way. The first book that I would suggest would be ANYTIME. It is one book in a series of ANY- books that are all architecturally focused. It is mainly a compilation of essays, but a very good resource.

After I have read Einstein, Hawking, Davies, etc..
I have realized that speed has an enormous influence on time and size... I would love to discuss it with you if you would like: daley12@hotmail.com

Oh: The Dancing Wu Li Masters would also be a good book, I am forgetting the author though...

i ankur.

as sarah suggested the books of hawkings would be of help in understand the concepts of speed and time...

do read them...but what exactly r u looking at something that talks about architecture only?

i had done a thesis on transportation....and midway i realized the significance of speed on architecture...of how architecture changes for a peerson moving in or out of it at certain velocities...and the same form in a static .

r u thinking something on those lines?

if yes...

then lets talk.