• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Spring Cleanup

michaelskis

Cyburbian
Spring cleanup programs

Snow… I love it, but why it is that Mother Nature is playing with my head? I guess I have a question about any spring time cleanup programs for post winter code enforcement. Maister and I have realized how many code violations that the show has been hiding from us all winter, and I have had two phone calls asking why is this a problem now, when it has been there all winter…

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
In my experience, it is very common to receive more complaints this time of year in the northern climates, when the snow cover is gone and everything is drab brown. Most communities I've worked for have been proactive and sponsor / advertise / promote "Green Up [Community name]" and encourage self policing.