• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, the built environment, planning adjacent topics, and anything else that comes to mind. No ads, no spam, and it's free. It's easy to join!

Spring habits

ThePinkPlanner

Cyburbian
Took Junior on the annual maple sugaring trek this past weekend at the Nature Center. I always felt bad for kids (and I suppose adults too) growing up in places like Texas, California, Georgia, Florida, etc. that don't get to participate in this cool spring activity.

Did you know it takes 40 gallons of sap to make 1 gallon of maple syrup? That's right, they have to boil off 97% of the water before it reaches a thin syrup consistency.

My munchkin just went a few weeks ago. In true northern fashion, they had to trek through a foot of snow just to reach the sugarhouse. I had hoped he would like the stuff so that he could fit in with the natives, but he's following his mom and can't stand the stuff. Sigh. I guess neither of us can order pancakes in public from now on. The natives don't like to give you the "fake" stuff and my husband hides under the table if we dare ask.

kjel

Super Moderator
Staff member
What is this Spring? It's snowing right now.

ofos

Vintage Cyburbian
Haven't read it but it seems appropriate for this week.

2ic70vm.jpg