• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

sq. ft. per employee

nellenerty

Anyone have tips on where to find sq. ft. per employee estimates for different use categories? Are there standards for this kind of thing? I haven't done this stuff for a long time and need some basic data to plug into an impact anlaysis study.

crane

I had the same question. The ULI Office Development Handbok; ULIs' Dollars and Sense for Shopping Centers; Industrial Development Handbook. Burchel and Listokin's "The Fiscal Impact Handbook" and the ITE Trip Generationbook all can provide general reference for you. They all also come with plenty of caveats.

What I did recently was to create my own database by getting the number of employees per employer in each sector and researching the employers building square feet (lister information). Then I had locally specific employees/sqft which proved valuable for my purposes. Good Luck.