• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Starbucks is expanding!!

Habanero

Cyburbian
For all of you who hate Starbucks, they've now bought Seattle's Best. ;) They're keeping the name, but Starbucks still gets the cash.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
For all of you who hate Starbucks, they've now bought Seattle's Best. ;) They're keeping the name, but Starbucks still gets the cash.
Noooooooo! Will Seattle's Best still have the same coffee? Their coffee is so much better (less acidic/burnt) than Starbucks. If they switch, I'll be really sad. Although I guess up here I can always get a shot at the Second Cup.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Starbucks is expanding!!

nerudite said:
Noooooooo! Will Seattle's Best still have the same coffee? Their coffee is so much better (less acidic/burnt) than Starbucks. If they switch, I'll be really sad. Although I guess up here I can always get a shot at the Second Cup.
I think it's all staying as is, but Starbucks gets the $$. What's kinda funny, a friend worked for Starbucks, hated it, and left to manage Seattle's Best.. and now he's working for Starbucks again.

H

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Starbucks is expanding!!

Habanero said:
... What's kinda funny, a friend worked for Starbucks, hated it, and left to manage Seattle's Best.. and now he's working for Starbucks again.
that is ironic, but fittingly not surprising. i had a bank chase me once. I could not get a way from a particular bank. they kept eating up the local banks, i would switch, they would gobble. Then on day I joined a competing large bank. They gobbled the bank I was once running from. funny how it worked out, and i never ever did escape that bank.

if they mess up i cant even threaten to leave, cause they know its only temporary ;)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
If you Yankees/Midwesterners had any sense, you'd start the day with a Diet Dew like I do, then you wouldn't have palpitations about your gourmet coffee places...

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Zoning Goddess said:
If you Yankees/Midwesterners had any sense, you'd start the day with a Diet Dew like I do, then you wouldn't have palpitations about your gourmet coffee places...
Alas, there is no good coffee in town. I start my Diet Coke infusions soon after getting into the office. Coffee is a treat for when I am in Madison.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Since the man and I have decided to stick to a budget to get out of debt in a year we're having to slum it and drink the regular stuff. At my office we have a coffee overlord who has taken it upon herself to stop anyone from drinking coffee after 2 p.m. I hate that on a night when I know a meeting is going to run late.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Re: Re: Re: Re: Starbucks is expanding!!

Huston said:
that is ironic, but fittingly not surprising. i had a bank chase me once. I could not get a way from a particular bank. they kept eating up the local banks, i would switch, they would gobble. Then on day I joined a competing large bank. They gobbled the bank I was once running from. funny how it worked out, and i never ever did escape that bank.
Wachovia, or "Watch-ova-ya" as we would call it?

Jeff

Cyburbian
Habanero said:
At my office we have a coffee overlord who has taken it upon herself to stop anyone from drinking coffee after 2 p.m.
What do you work in an Eastern Bloc country?

Jeff

Cyburbian
Yeah and we've had to change our hockey arena 3x now, from Core States, to FU, to Wachovia

biscuit

Cyburbian
Mike D. said:
Yeah and we've had to change our hockey arena 3x now, from Core States, to FU, to Wachovia
Yet another reason why SC should have won the North Carolina vs. South Carolina Death Match.

Has any good come from a place like Charlotte? ;)