• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Status of our New Year's resolutions

SGB

Cyburbian
Anyone still remember these?

I'll start:
a) No luck on the weight loss yet, although I've started Weight Watchers w/ my wife.
b) Quitting tobacco use has been a challenge. I've been off & on, and currently off for two weeks.

donk

Cyburbian
I'm doing ok on mine.

I've lost between 5-10 lbs and expect to lose another 10 this month, if the weather cooperates.

I've been actively job hunting and doing things to improve my outlook and position in life (short vacations, buying artwork, reading books).

Seabishop

Cyburbian
Pretty good. I resolved not to lose weight but to exercise my way out of puny-ness and future cholestrol problems like my dad. I'm no muscleman, especially since I'm on my 3rd cold since March, but I haven't done this much excercising since gym class. I even started running outside (people didn't point and laugh like I feared). And I've been eating less crap. It helped that I wasn't that wild about the new Krispy Kreme.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Exercising? Nope... not much. But getting a little better I guess now that the snow is gone.

Working less? I'm trying to get better at this too. Unfortunately circumstances have changed that will temporarily create longer work hours. Oh well... I *am* trying.

GeogPlanner

Cyburbian
i had lost 15 by the new year at first...but got laid off, added 15 back on...now at long last i shed that 15 again...i'm back to breaking even...

as for my other resolution...it's come true 3 years in a row now:

"Work less...make more."

SkeLeton

Cyburbian
Didn't make any... thank god! because if I had I'd probably have broken at least one by now :p (quitting from Architorture)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Lose weight... hmmm, jeans were a little tight today.

Fix up the yard... have become intimately acquainted with the plant selection at Lowe's, arranged to have a bunch of old stuff cut down/hauled off, finally one I can say I met.

Habanero

Cyburbian
my budget is working out great! All bills are paid in advance of due date and savings is increasing!

I've also been going to the gym a lot more and I've managed to drop 8% body fat.

JNL

Cyburbian
I still haven't got my full licence

I think I've been keeping up with current events a bit more.

It's still too early to start Christmas shopping... but thanks for the reminder!

1. My filing pile is much smaller
2. Since joining the prego clube, my vegetable consumption has almost completely bottomed out, since they make me ill. well, along with almost every other food except bread.
3. I've stopped getting upset by stupid people, now i just get annoyed.