• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Stolen items

Queen B

Cyburbian
Today's caption contest brought to mind a funny memory.

One day we got a call from the local police, telling us that our motorcycle was in their possesion. We said no it is out by our porch. They said no they had it.

So after we got off the phone (there were no portable phones in those days) we went out to look and sure enough there was no motorcycle but in the fresh snow there was a perfect set of tracks, where they had stolen the bike and drugg it for at least six blocks with the back wheel locked before they dumped it in the alley behind Godfather's Pizza.

Dumb theives!!!

Seabishop

Cyburbian
My grandparents were broken into and the theives only stole the cable box and orange juice.

Habanero

Cyburbian
A friend of my was the victim in an attempted car jacking. He's a really nice guy and when a woman asked if he could give her ar a jump so she could get to work he didn't think twice. She then asked if she could use his cell phone to call her boyfriend to meet them outside while they were on the way around the corner to her apartment complex. When they got there and he pulled up next to "her car" and got into the trunk for the cables he heard someone running up behind him. The guy running at him had a knife. Unfortunately for the theives this friend was a Navy Seal and he broke the guys arm in a matter of a few seconds getting him disarmed and then turned around and knocked the female out cold.

He called the police, made the report, and sure enough- that was a vaild phone number.

otterpop

Cyburbian
One of the most bizarre things I have ever seen occurred inn the outskirts of New Orleans. A friend and I were in his car in moderately busy traffic. I looked over at a car passing on the right and I saw the occupants were both wearing ski masks. That is odd, thought I. At the next stop light the passenger jumped out, pulled a woman out of her car, and jacked it.