• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Stress Management Techniques

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
OK - Stressed out here. Share with bturk and tell me your favorite stress management techniques. Right now, I am favoring "kick the dog"...

Jeff

Cyburbian
What else but bong hits.... :)

No seriously, I find running an excellent stress reliever, more so than cycling, but that works too.

SGB

Cyburbian
My favorite technique: Good friends, good tunes, good beer.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Mike DeVuono said:
What else but bong hits.... :)

No seriously, I find running an excellent stress reliever, more so than cycling, but that works too.
Its like 8 degrees here, so I'll skip the bike. Beer is the front runner....

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I had to get prescription medications and change jobs. I'm a naturally anxious person and nothing else worked. Now I'm slightly bored at work but the stress level went down 90%.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Exercise is best.
Second best and Oh so much more rewarding is 1000 rounds of 7.62x25 down range into various sized left over pumpkins -which can be picked up cheap this time of year.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I find that making a steaming cup of stress relief tea is always relaxing, especially after you throw it on the person stressing you. It's good for a giggle as well. :)

Beer is always good, or red wine; but to consume, not throw.

Kickboxing classes are great, especially when you get to hit a huge bag and you can pretend like it's the thing stressing you out.

kms

Cyburbian
Take it out on telemarketers. A guy from Louisville records telemarketer calls while he slips into some kind of character and keeps them on the phone for a while. He was on a radio call in show here - I about died laughing at the calls. He has a couple of CD's.

I signed up for PA No Call list, and don't get telemarketer calls, but when I did, I took out my stress on them. Or my son played ethnic restaurant owner with them.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
I like to make fun of people after they leave, I know it's shallow but it works. Second best Tequilla, beer is not strong enough.

SW MI Planner

Cyburbian
Yah, but first you need to let us know if you want "at work" stress relievers, or "after work" stress relievers. I really wouldn't go with any of the suggestions already mentioned if your still at work. Might be cause for dismissal :)

Runner

Cyburbian
Would you believe running...

Dinner w/ Mrs Runner at Pappadeaux in San Antonio.

Curling up w/ Mrs Runner in front of warm fire in the fireplace on a cold winter night while listening to Enya and Loreena McKennitt while enjoying some red wine.

Bri- i would suggest some sort of physical activity that leaves you so tired and drained followed by an hour long massage.

If you're at work and need a quick get away from your desk, go into a stall in the mens room and do some deep breathing for 3 minutes and clear your mind.

Repo Man

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
If you're at work and need a quick get away from your desk, go into a stall in the mens room and do some deep breathing for 3 minutes and clear your mind.
Yeah....with some of the people who use the mens room around here, I am liable to end up passed out on the floor if I did that.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
KMateja said:
I combined your suggestiuon with Nerudites and went into the stall and.... well never mind.

Journeymouse

Cyburbian
Get a punch bag? I always used to find jui-jitsu very relaxing as long as you don't mind being thrown at the floor. Tai chi made me so relaxed I almost fell asleep on my feet. Sex is always good stress relief, but I figured you were old enough to not need telling.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Actually I just ended up watching a game of strip twister (that's me in the chair). Mike DeVouno, PlannerGirl, Runner and Beaner are playing. Ummm Mike, change your undies.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Too bad you didn't invite a midget!

And, Mike, nice skidmark.. that's going to be your new nickname!!

LOL

:)

Last edited:

nerudite

Cyburbian
I'm kind of wondering what the girl in the foreground was about to do with her hand... but then again, if it has to do with Mike's undies... I don't think I want to know!

Jeff

Cyburbian
Awwwww that isn't nice....to make fun of PlannerGirl's dangling tummy like that ;)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
OOPS - Sorry PG I didnt see that I was fixated on Mike's big A$$.