• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Stuck at home...

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
I am stuck at home sick today...it is only 9:30 and I am already bored out of my mind..this is going to be a long day!

nerudite

Cyburbian
I didn't want to come to work today. All this week I'm in a closed-door office working solely on the Land Use Bylaw (zoning ordinance) update. I'm just writing ordinances all day long. I'm procrastinating right now because all I really want to do is sleeeeeeep.

Hope you feel better though. Have some sleep for the rest of us.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
We'll do our best to kepp you, ermm, "entertained".

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
Being stuck at home on a Monday is a TREAT!!!!!!!!
It would be if I wasn't really sick, but it hasn't been much of a treat so far.

I am listening to the new cd I burned with all different Disney songs on it...It helps cheer me up.

I'm not a huge Disney fan, but one of my favorite CD's is Heigh Ho Mozart. Its a bunch of disney songs, re-worked in the various styles of different composers - Mozart, Joplin, Los Lobos, Gershwin. Very fun.

Sorry you're home today. I was out of work for a week and a half last month, and although I totally thought i'd hate it and be bored, i was actually kind of bummed to have to go back.

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
I'm not a huge Disney fan, but one of my favorite CD's is Heigh Ho Mozart. Its a bunch of disney songs, re-worked in the various styles of different composers - Mozart, Joplin, Los Lobos, Gershwin. Very fun.

Sorry you're home today. I was out of work for a week and a half last month, and although I totally thought i'd hate it and be bored, i was actually kind of bummed to have to go back.
I am a Disney fanatic...I have seen almost every movie and I have Disney games..I have actually rented movies that were suposedly for Kylie, but I really wanted to see them, one of the perks of having a kid!!:)

I actually want to be at work right now, I hate being home I get bored too quickly. I will probably end up cleaning the house and painting our bedroom set just because I can't sit still very long.

I will admit that one of my favorite movies is Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I named one of my dolls Eglantine when i was a kid.

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
KMateja said:
I will admit that one of my favorite movies is Bedknobs and Broomsticks. I named one of my dolls Eglantine when i was a kid.
My mom bought that movie for Kylie I think....I found myself watching it more than she did.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
i was sick all last week-kicked my hinney and then some-i was SOOOO ready to come back to work today though. I could not stay in my place any longer.

DISNEY music ROCKS! hehe

Mary Poppins

Cyburbian
I always feel bad when I call in. I don't want to make my co-workers day more stressful, and Monday is the busiest day in our office, but I had a very rough morning and just couldn't leave the house if I wanted to.

I'm the type of employee who almost NEVER calls in sick. I only used one sick day last year and I went into the office that morning and left after 2 hours. I made a promise to myself that I would use more sick days this year, just because everyone needs a mental health day every once and a while.

i hate using sick time. these last few months thought have been atrocious - i went to the R.E. 7 times in January alone, i hate seeing the hours accrue on my paycheck.

Habanero

Cyburbian
I've used one day here- and that was for half a day to go to the doctor. I don't mind when people use the hours, but I hate it when some people abuse the system. Yeah, use them, mental health days are needed- but to use them every time your hungover- give me a break.

Jeff

Cyburbian
I actually got bitched at 2 weeks ago for not taking off when I was sick. Nobody else wants to get my nastiness, I can understand that.

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
I hope you're feeling better hon....I'll talk to you when I get back from lunch (my 9:00 meeting just finished a couple of mins ago).