• We're a fun, friendly, and diverse group of planners, placemakers, students, and other folks who found their people here. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Use your email address, or register through your Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.
  • On Thursday night (2/21), I did something I probably shouldn't have with the server. I lost about 90 posts and three new users in the process. If you registered on Thursday, please re-register. If you posted on Thursday, maybe post twice as much on Friday? Again, I apologize. :(

Student housing districts

Jveresuk

I am looking for any information on student housing districts in smaller, university towns. I would like to know how other communities deal with "student ghettos" and the associated parking problems with respect to ordinances, code enforcement, penalties etc.

Any information or direction is appreciated

Jeffc

Lower Merion Township Pennsylvania I believe has adopted some zoning standards for off-campus student housing. While not a university town, there are a few universities, Villanova and Bryn Mawr, in the community. The telephone number for the Township is 610-649-4000

Geneseo, New York is a small college town that has regulated off campus student housing through zoning. They don't have anything online, but you may want to call their planning department.