• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Stupid Stoner Stories

el Guapo

Capitalist
Now, I've seen some pals do some pretty stupid things back in college when they were stoned. But I think this story is the all-time winner for stupid stoner moves.

"A former senior aide of Saddam Hussein claims the dictator was probably high on drugs when he decided to invade Kuwait in 1990"

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_865320.html

I imagine the conversation went like this on April 12, 1990:

Saddam "Abdula, where is my army, I can't find it anywhere?"
Achmed "O Glorious Saddam, do you not recall sending your Army of Islamic Liberators into Kuwait last night? You gave the order right after you put that Alman Brothers CD on the stereo. We thought you were joking until you shot General Aziz 30 times with your AK-47. He asked you if you were sure you wanted to Invade Kuwait. You said 'Yes and here are 30 reasons'"
Saddam "Dude, I told you to not to let me do anything stupid for a few days after Uday hooks me up with the premo stuff he gets from Arafat. Do you think anyone noticed my army in Kuwait?"

Seabishop

Cyburbian
The former Minister of Propoganda - you know the "there are no infedels here" guy, has said that Saddam had little grip on reality during his last days in power. While America was threatening to invade Saddam was sending him transcripts of his novel.

donk

Cyburbian
Whew, I'm glad this is about Saddam.

I thought I was going to have to compare "adventures" with Jeff, Rumpy and others.icon11.gif

michaelskis

Cyburbian
That is what happened to the WMD, he traided them for a fine bag of grass...

DUUUUUUUUUDE

Rumpy Tunanator

Cyburbian
donk said:
Whew, I'm glad this is about Saddam.

I thought I was going to have to compare "adventures" with Jeff, Rumpy and others.
How come everytime something like this comes along, Rumpy, gets thrown into the mix?;)

I think Jeff is still over there, trying to bring back his nearly aquired WMD;)