• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Sugar?

How bad is it: Are you getting regular sex?

• Yes!

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • No

Votes: 18 52.9%
  • Other explanation, expounded upon below...

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters

Jeff

Cyburbian
How 'bout none of your f'in bidnizz...

But since you asked...my wife is 9 months pregnant....so no.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Pretty regularly, too bad it's quarterly.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Clarify Please:

By regular, do you mean in a frequent and timely manner, or do you mean just missionary vanilla stuff.

Um... I've been throwing up twice daily and have had constant all day nausea for the last 6 weeks. the answer is no.

Chris

since planners are highly responsible for a decent urban environment, they should be kept as happily as possible - a ratio of 7/5 is unsupportable!

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
Other. Usually regularly, but not at the moment.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
lack of.....

Well, I have had offers, but not from anything that I would want to spend much time with.

Where have all the attractive women gone?

sal95

Cyburbian
Well, with my hubby is in South Baghdad so that would be a big N-O (of course that hasn't stopped all of the lonely wives). He's been gone 2 months and another 2-4 months to go. Oh the agony!!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Sex? What's that .. a show on HBO or something?

Last prospective Ms Right started pining for her old boyfriend IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR DATE last week. Strange ... she was calling me every day before the date, and even bought me a little gift when we met. An hour in, she breaks out in tears. It's the Curse of Dan; they all either go back to their old boyfriends, or decide that they're not ready to date again because they can't get their old boyfriends out of their heads. Don't know why this happens all the time with me, but it does.

I'm quite jaded now, and instances of the Curse rearing its head don't hurt me that much anymore. I'm increasingly resigned to a life of eternal singledom.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Dan said:
An hour in, she breaks out in tears.
OMG. Dan, that must have been so enjoyable. Are you planning to see her again?

My sympathies, but it does inspire a new thread.

Richmond Jake

You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!
they all either go back to their old boyfriends, or decide that they're not ready to date again because they can't get their old boyfriends out of their heads.

Look at the bright side, at least they don't go lez after their encounter with you---not that there's anything wrong with that...

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
Well, I've been following this thread and was the second person to vote but I never replyed, so here is my sob story.

Been single since August '02 after a 9 year relationship, haven't done it or had the opportunity to since. But I'm more than ready. So far though thing are looking up and I think it won't be long until I end up making this a good spring and hopefully summer.

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
RichmondJake said:

Look at the bright side, at least they don't go lez after their encounter with you---not that there's anything wrong with that...

Hey! That wasn't my fault!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Even a zoning goddess has dry spells...
Actually, I've been divorced for 6 years and mostly get hit on by married guys. Not too many single guys my age who don't have their own load of angst. Guess I'm a "no".

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
RichmondJake said:
I'll just say that back in college, with one girl that I dated a few times ... well, I was the last guy she dated. She stopped wearing makeup ... started to cut her hair short ... then stopped shaving her legs ... then her armpits ... and then got married to a librarian named Rosanne.

Michael Stumpf said:
OMG. Dan, that must have been so enjoyable. Are you planning to see her again?
Nope. She called the next day, apologized, and went on for about 15 minutes about how she likes me sooooo much, but she's not ready to see anybody yet., because she's still not over the ex.

PlannerGirl

Cyburbian Plus
hey if your going to show me a weenie at least make it a bigger more meat filled one ;-)

hrumph!

Habanero

Cyburbian
We've been engaged for 2 weeks now, love is all around us.. and hey, wedding planning is stressful!! :)

TexasPlanner said:
We've been engaged for 2 weeks now, love is all around us.. and hey, wedding planning is stressful!! :)
Congrats. We've been engaged for a couple of months now and have yet to begin planning the wedding. We're having enough trouble trying to plan the engagement party.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
Congrats. We've been engaged for a couple of months now and have yet to begin planning the wedding. We're having enough trouble trying to plan the engagement party.
You better start soon. We're already finding places for the reception are already booking up...for next summer.

biscuit said:
You better start soon. We're already finding places for the reception are already booking up...for next summer.
We were married in June 2000, but had to book the reception hall in *October of 1998*!

biscuit

Cyburbian
Downtown said:
We were married in June 2000, but had to book the reception hall in *October of 1998*!
Good Lord. That must have been some kind of hall.

I'm supposed to go with my bride to be to finalize a place this Saturday. She works most weekends so it has been me and the future mother-in-law on the search (fun). I hope she likes it and we can have the reception there, it is pretty sweet.

Habanero

Cyburbian
Planderella said:
Hot GRITS- GET ON IT! Seriously, planning this from 1220 miles away, but already we've had to push it out to next September to get the "good" places!

:)

biscuit said:
Good Lord. That must have been some kind of hall.
Not even. It was your run of the mill banquet hall, and they were our first choice. But even our second and third choices were booking up that early. Someone told us the 2000 was a very popular year to get married, but we weren't "saving" the wedding for 2000, that's just how it worked out. Crazy New Yorkers. :)

SGB

Cyburbian
Jen said:
Sugar? Not in my coffee, not in my tea.
No sugar tonight in my coffee
No sugar tonight in my tea
No sugar to stand beside me
No sugar to run with me

-- "No Sugar Tonight"
The Guess Who

Miles Ignatius

Cyburbian
Azucar?

No, no tengo azucar!

Was married for 22 years; engaged for the last 2 ( a long-distance relationship that succombed to something called the "Landmark Forum") and broke off. I don't "get it."

Let's just say for now, I'll stick to walking the dog....if anyone asks, I offer, "I gave it up for Lent...."

Miles Ignatius

Cyburbian
Just Another Approach...

Actually, the walking the dog protocol arose from something I read that suggested women find men more appealing if they're walking the dog than say, walking around with their hands in their pockets. Or, to paraphrase, "Is that a leash in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?"

I've been walking the dog for sometime now and it have yet to yield any tangible results, short of becoming personally adept at picking up those "lodes" with one of those plastic sleeves which accompany the Sunday supplements...

I'll keep you posted....

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Re: Azucar?

Miles Ignatius said:
...succombed to something called the "Landmark Forum"

I've had a run-in with the Landmark Forum. It is a very interesting organization. They have been accused of using "cult-like" techniques, and many government agencies, as well as corporations, have prohibited employees from using company funds to attend their "training."

I went to one of their informational sessions to try to get people to sign up -- it seems that part of measuring your "success" in the class is by how many people you get to sign up. Whay should you attend?

"Because we will teach you the things you don't know that you don't know."

"Like what?"

"The things you don't know that you don't know."

"Like what?"

"The things you don't know...."