• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Suggest the Zoning District

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Here's the situation. Our county hospital has expanded to the north side of what was once a quiet residential street. Single-family dwellings remain along the south side of this one-way street. A light commercial corridor (office-overlay district) abuts the site along the west side, a public housing compound abuts along the east side. More detached, mostly single-family dwellings abut the site to the south.

Our council wishes to re-zone to permit light professional offices (dentists, pediatrics, and so forth) in the district, with the dwellings preferably remaining in situ as a buffer to the dwellings south of the site.

We do not have a district that can accommodate both the uses and the dwellings and we would like to consider a new district.

So, Throbbing Brain(TM), what have you?

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Neenah Wisconsin is host to the Theda-Clark regional medical facility and has a special district that you could easily use as a model.

Heres the link I beleive its the CH district...

SGB

Cyburbian
my $0.02

How 'bout an CRMO (commercial residential medical offices) zone, with SFR (single family residential) development permitted by right and all MO uses requiring SPR (site plan review)?

SPR approval criteria would include retention of district-appropriate residential architecture, with strong preference given to retention of existing structures.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
Chet as always, you da man! Thank you, sir.
SGB I like the SPR for permitted MO uses. Thanks for the shiny pennies.

See, the Throbbing Brain(TM) always makes ya look good!