• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Interwebs 💻 Suggestions on How I Could Make my Blog Better

EsquireHare

Cyburbian
I love writing and taking photographs. Both activities relax me and give me joy. Because of this, I decided to fuse these two hobbies in another activity --- blogging.

For a while, my blog enjoyed a high number of readership. Unfortunately, it has been declining in the past couple of months. Many of my articles feature topics worth reading that are not yet covered by other articles, such as:

*The Farthest Ends of the Philippines (Link)
*Anni Horribiles & Anni Mirabiles in History (Link)
*Volcanic Churches in Albay (Link)
*and so many more (Link)

But they don't appear on search engines at all. I need some help in getting them appear on search engines. I'd also like to know your suggestions on how I could make my blog better. I will really appreciate any help and feedback you'd be giving me. Thank you in advance!

Happy New Year! Cheers!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
I really like the entries.

Here's a thought: if you're trying to get eyeballs on a blog you might want to cover subject matter or express views that could be considered controversial or debatable to some degree. This is a fine line, though, because if it's too controversial you can end up courting notoriety instead.

EsquireHare

Cyburbian
^^Thank you for the nice feedback and suggestion. :)

My blog is designed to relax the reader. It's like a virtual travel magazine or coffee table book. I've actually had a magazine published featuring my articles. Here are some of the pictures of the magazine...

DVD

Cyburbian
I guess it depends on who your audience is. First ignore me because I know nothing about writing or selling a blog. I'm just thinking Philippines is home to you, but to us in the US it's all exotic and exciting. Write about daily life outside the lawyer thing or your mini vacations. We'll buy anything and want to come visit. Maybe do something about hidden gems of your city or where you travel?

EsquireHare

Cyburbian
I guess it depends on who your audience is. First ignore me because I know nothing about writing or selling a blog. I'm just thinking Philippines is home to you, but to us in the US it's all exotic and exciting. Write about daily life outside the lawyer thing or your mini vacations. We'll buy anything and want to come visit. Maybe do something about hidden gems of your city or where you travel?
That's nice! My blog has readers from other parts of the world. I guess it piques people's interest when you talk about exotic places they've never been to. Have you taken a look, btw? :)

*Volcanic Churches in Albay (Link)

I chose to read this blog entry first because the title was catchy and the subject matter fascinates me. I read it to the end, and then went back and studied the photos & your detailed descriptions. If that was your intention, then you succeeded!

You wrote that "for some reason" the churches are on the east coast and facing the Pacific Ocean. Does that mean they are facing approximately east? In that case, their placement is correct; Biblically speaking, churches are supposed to face eastward. In The Book of Matthew (24:27), Jesus says: “For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.”

EsquireHare

Cyburbian
I chose to read this blog entry first because the title was catchy and the subject matter fascinates me. I read it to the end, and then went back and studied the photos & your detailed descriptions. If that was your intention, then you succeeded!

You wrote that "for some reason" the churches are on the east coast and facing the Pacific Ocean. Does that mean they are facing approximately east? In that case, their placement is correct; Biblically speaking, churches are supposed to face eastward. In The Book of Matthew (24:27), Jesus says: “For just as the lightning comes from the east and flashes even to the west, so will the coming of the Son of Man be.”

Thank you! I highlighted that blog entry because only very few have read it so far... but I think people from other places would be interested to take a look. I like promoting my place as doing so helps in stimulating the economy. :)

I think they're all facing the east. I think the Law of the Indies requires that churches face the east.

Btw, were my descriptions correct? Heheheh I'm just an architecture enthusiast. :)