• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Superbowl XXXVII

What do you plan to do this Sunday?

• Watch Tampa Bay whup Oakland's patoots

Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Watch Oakland raid the Bucs

Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Who cares about football...just let me watch the commercials

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Other...explained below

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Repo Man

Cyburbian
These are probably the two teams that I least wanted in the Super Bowl, but I am going Raiders all the way. I hate the Bucs. I hate Sapp, I hate the Johnsons (Brad and Me-Shawn), and I hate that feisty midget Gramatica

Raiders 24, Bucs 17

NHPlanner

Forums Administrator & Gallery Moderator
Staff member
As much as I have liked the Raiders in the past....I hope it goes down like this (remember...this is a Patriots fan talking)....

Late in the fourth quarter, Oakland down by 2. Gannon goes back to pass is sacked, and appears to fumble. The officials review the play and determine that it was an incomplete pass because of the tuck rule. :) Then, with a second chance, the Raiders go for the game winning field goal with 2 seconds left. Janikowski's kick is long enough, but goes wide right. Tampa wins.

This way the Raiders can stop bitching about the tuck rule, since it would have been used in their favor, but still lose.

Sorry....I'm still bitter about all the whining and complaining from Raider fans from last year's playoff game at Foxboro. :)

I don't particularly care for Tampa either but I'll go on and throw some support to the division champs. One of these days the Saints will go marching into a superbowl....I just hope it's in my lifetime. **sigh**

for some reason, my vote won't tally, but i voted for commercials, who cares about football. i don't even care about the commercials, but the Superbowl is Rob's family's big holiday, so we're going over there and i'm in charge of the spinach artichoke dip. at halftime rob and his dad his 8 million bars and stewarts to collect on their numbers. i imagine i'll just crash on a couch and work on one of my blankets i'm crocheting. Excitement!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
MMMM spinach artichoke dip. What time should I be by?

I want the Raiders to win, just because I have a strong contempt for Tampon Bay.

Tranplanner

maudit anglais
I hate both teams - but I hate the Raiders more, only 'cause they seem to be the teamwear of choice for all the little psycopathetic gangbangers.

Due to CRTC regulations, Canadian broadcasters are allowed to substitute their own commercials for the U.S. network ones. Therefore, we don't even get to see the cool commercials.

I usually watch the SB, but I think I'll pass this year.

Jeff

Cyburbian
Let's go Raiders!

I hope Warren Sapp and his big fat mouth collapse in a heap of blubber and used twinkies on the field, suffering from clogged arteries due to too many butter burgers while in Green Bay.

I hope the SWAT team comes in and takes Keyshawn Johnson away like the little punk he is for something I'm sure he's done ...

That's it....

The Irish One

I like Gruden winning, but I'd bet on the Raiders. If you live in Oakland or Tampa board up your windows and park your car OFF the street. A riot is brewing.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Even though it is really late in the season I still have hope for the Chiefs to pull an upset. :)

giovannitp

Cyburbian
I guess I'll cheer for the NFC team...but next year Vick's taking us all the way! Actually watching this game will be like watching the Green Bay-Atlanta game - I don't really want either team to lose.

giovannitp said:
I guess I'll cheer for the NFC team...but next year Vick's taking us all the way! Actually watching this game will be like watching the Green Bay-Atlanta game - I don't really want either team to lose.
As a die-hard Saints fan, the only thing Vick can do for me is twist his ankle. :p

The Irish one said:
I like Gruden winning, but I'd bet on the Raiders. If you live in Oakland or Tampa board up your windows and park your car OFF the street. A riot is brewing.
REPOST:

It appears that the Raiders fan behaved (or misbehaved) true to form.

el Guapo

Capitalist
My parents asked me during the game why I was not rooting for the Raiders - as they are the AFC team. I told them that if it was a game between the Oakland Raiders and Washington William Jefferson Clintons - I'd gladly root for the Clintons.

The Raiders will always be the "dirty cheaters" team to me.