• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Sure she is a Spy...

el Guapo

Capitalist
...but she has great taste in autos.

NEW YORK (AP) - A former journalist and one-time press secretary for four members of Congress was arrested Thursday on charges she served as a paid agent for the Iraqi intelligence service before and after the U.S. invasion.

Susan Lindauer, 41, was arrested in her hometown of Takoma Park, Md., and was to appear in court later in the day in Baltimore, authorities in New York said.

She was accused of conspiring to act as a spy for the Iraqi Intelligence Service and engaging in prohibited financial transactions involving the government of Iraq under dictator Saddam Hussein. Prosecutors say she accepted $10,000 for he work...
Read Me: http://apnews.myway.com/article/20040311/D818D0GO2.html

BTW: That is a 1992 Volvo 240 DL (I'm not sure if it is a wagon)

http://apnews.myway.com/image/20040...0311142611.html?date=20040311&docid=D818D0GO2

The Irish One

ten grand for her work, give me a break, put this women on the international union of inteligencia's welfare roll. She got jacked for her work.
"I did more to stop terrorism in this country than anybody else.
let's not get carried away now.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I'll second giving her the chair (if duly convicted, of course).

Let's find some wounded GI or Marine and give the great automobile to him/her :)

el Guapo

Capitalist
Gedunker said:
I'll second giving her the chair (if duly convicted, of course).

Let's find some wounded GI or Marine and give the great automobile to him/her :)

If she had bought the Volvo 240 GL instead of the DL it would have came with heated seats. While only 12 volts, it is a start.

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
el Guapo said:
If she had bought the Volvo 240 GL instead of the DL it would have came with heated seats. While only 12 volts, it is a start.
LOL. Zoom, zoom, zoom!

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Just more proof that ...

VOLVO DRIVERS ARE TRAITORS!

Thank you. :p

giff57

Corn Burning Fool
Staff member
Now we know why she needed a few extra bucks.

el Guapo

Capitalist
Dan said:
Just more proof that ...

VOLVO DRIVERS ARE TRAITORS!

Thank you. :p
Come over to the dark side Dan: Screw your country and enjoy rugged Swedish Safety Cage Construction!

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
I am still wondering why "Planner" = volvo = subaru??? Is this a "homely car" clique or what? (Sorry.other two goddesses, I know you have a volvo and a subaru)

el Guapo

Capitalist
Thanks Skel! There really ought to be some sort of Volvo Rescue Program; what with Ashcroft interning all of America's Liberals without warrant or legal council. That must leave a lot of Volvos and Toyota Prius without owner. (What is the plural of Prius?)

A minor SUV rant/note: This week I am driving my sister's 4x4 Chevy Suburban 1500 (357ci). It took $47 to fill the tank half way last week. Thank God I'll be driving my Volvo soon enough. Its like piloting a tug boat compared to a jet ski.

sisterceleste Dear, Please do tell me about your boxy swedish stable.

sisterceleste

Cyburbian
Dear said:
I have a red 93 850 Volvo that I drive and my younger daughter drives the gold 1990 240. My husband calls the 240 a Panzer tank. The 240 is still my favorite Volvo to drive. The 850 has good pep and handles more like a sports car (well as...much as a Volvo can).