• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Survey says....Cyburbia! Thanks for playing.

PlannerByDay

Cyburbian
ROCK ON CYBURBIA

What I like about Cyburbia is you can pose a specific problem or situation and get some fantastic feedback from all angles.

Cyburbia get my vote.

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Great!

I hope this survey doesn't come up with the same results as a similar one from a couple years ago. In that APA survey, regarding Internet use among planners, the tallied results showed NOBODY visited Cyburbia.

SlaveToTheGrind

Cyburbian
Dan said:
Great!

I hope this survey doesn't come up with the same results as a similar one from a couple years ago. In that APA survey, regarding Internet use among planners, the tallied results showed NOBODY visited Cyburbia.

I requested the results and will post them when I get them.

nerudite

Cyburbian
Dan said:
I hope this survey doesn't come up with the same results as a similar one from a couple years ago.
Even if it shows next to nobody coming here, it's still publicity (and it's free!) It's nice to see it considered as a big enough resource that you don't have to pencil cyburbia in as an answer on the survey. Very sweet. :)

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
I'm right across the river from them and they didn't send me a survey! :-\
Of course, I'd be a #3 and #4 respondent if I had one.;-)

Cardinal

Cyburbian
Dan said:
Great!

[SARCASM] I wouldn't be one to accuse the APA of altering the results to show a result hat they wanted. Oh, no, they wouldn't do that. [/SARCASM]

Rem

Cyburbian
SlaveToTheGrind said:
Question 33 asks: Which of the following websites do you visit regularly as part of your work?
Some of us may have trouble with the qualifier - being slackers and all. ;-)

JNL

Cyburbian
Yes I couldn't help thinking while you are at work would be more accurate :)

Dan

Dear Leader
Staff member
Cardinal said:
[SARCASM] I wouldn't be one to accuse the APA of altering the results to show a result hat they wanted. Oh, no, they wouldn't do that. [/SARCASM]
Turned out the Web-based form they were using to collect votes didn't register a vote for Cyburbia when you selected it from the options. I know a lot of people selected Cyburbis on the survey, but it wasn't recorded.

APA National really isn't anti-Cyburbia. We're just insignificant to them, at least compared to other potential "partners," such as Congress for New Urbanism, ULI, the Brookings Institute, and the People's Republic of China. :p

Mastiff

Gunfighter
Dan said:
Turned out the Web-based form they were using to collect votes didn't register a vote for Cyburbia when you selected it from the options. I know a lot of people selected Cyburbis on the survey, but it wasn't recorded.

APA National really isn't anti-Cyburbia. We're just insignificant to them, at least compared to other potential "partners," such as Congress for New Urbanism, ULI, the Brookings Institute, and the People's Republic of China. :p

So they follow the masses while sucking us dry?

Oh hey! Guess what... After starting that fiasco on the OAPA mailing list, AICP national asked me to write a "counterpoint" to the OAPA presidents diversity article slated for the March issue of the webzine. If anyone cares, I'll post the link when it comes out. Then, of course, we can discuss it like rational people...