• Cyburbia is a fun, friendly, big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! Register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account, or use your email address.

Sustainability

It is time that planning students must start discussing the issues affecting the 'modern city'. At the moment I am faced with an assignment of designing a model for a sustainable settlement of 30,000 people.
Please help me with as many ideas as you can.
I need advice on
1. Mix of land use & activities
2.Transportation planning
3.Ecological Considerations:-Rain, EIA's
4.Eco-Villages.

Notice
There is a students' planning conference taking place from 16 September to 19 September in Durban, South Africa. Issues to be discussed will be the challenges the African City and guidelines for sustainable development.

EX-planner

Easy - play SimCity several times until your city's population is 30,000. Start with different starting conditions and use different strategies in the game. The one with the least pollution at the end will be your model.