• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

T-Day Office Parties

Is anyone having T-Day office parties? Our party is tomorrow and will be a potluck luncheon. Since I could care less for about 2/3 of the people who work here and have serious doubts about their cooking abilities, I am not looking forward to it. In the past, the party had been catered but I guess the bosses are cutting back this year. I would have preferred to get a half day off rather than spend lunch with a bunch of turkeys. :p

Gedunker

Moderating
Staff member
No party here. The incumbent is about to become the "excumbent", so there is no festiveness in these parts. Plus I have a grant application and six staff reports to finish before closing shop. I do not want to have to come in over the holiday, so ... it's off to work I go.

ludes98

Cyburbian
No party here, of half day off. I remember having to work on Friday. Just glad don't have to that this year.

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
No party, but the cool people go out for drinks wednesday after work.

biscuit

Cyburbian
Mmmmm.... Potluck...

No office party here. The rumor is we will be getting out of work around 2:00 to give a head start to those going out of town. Perhaps me and a couple of friends of will have our own party by going out for Turkey Sandwiches and washing them down with a shot of Wild Turkey.

Gobble, gobble. ;)

SGB

Cyburbian
Our department head is a former chef. Sadly, he takes this week off every year. :(

otterpop

Cyburbian
When I worked in Ketchikan Alaska, we had a Thanksgiving party, a Christmas party . . . We pretty much had a party for any reason. I think it was a way for people to get rid of all the smoked salmon they had.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
One holiday potluck, the week before Christmas. Nothing for Thanksgiving. This is when I miss working next to the Building Dept., they always got the best free food from the developers around the holidays!

mike gurnee

Cyburbian
The City Manager makes Thanksgiving chili. Staff brings salads and desserts. Pot lucks for Christmas, Easter, and whenever the mood arises.

Mud Princess

Cyburbian
Party? Are you kidding? I was in the office until almost 5:00 pm.

Well, at least the traffic wasn't too bad on my way home... ;)

Rem

Cyburbian
No celebration and we have to work the full day but most of drink after work most nights. ;)

We are having an afternoon tea today to farewell someone we have just punted though.