• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

TDR Question

MD Planner

Cyburbian
Does anyone here have any first-hand experience or have knowledge of working with interjurisdictional TDR's? The town I work for and the county are both getting ready to adopt new comp plans and they each call for implementing a TDR Program to create a receiving area in the town and the sending areas would be used to help create a greenbelt along the edge of our agreed upon growth boundary. I know there are county programs in Maryland that seem to work pretty well, but what about a program in two different jurisdictions?

Budgie

Cyburbian
Multi-jurisdictional TDR Programs

Here are a few jurisdictions and regional organizations either currently or historically involved in multi-jurisdictional TDR programs. Contact them directly.

Miami-Dade County, Florida
Boulder County, Colorado
Tahoe Regional Planning Agency, California/Nevada
Long Island Pine Barrens, New York
New Jersey Pinelands, New Jersey
Morgan Hill, California

I'm not sure if Lancaster County, Pennsylvania has interjurisdictional transfers or not.