• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Technical Question About Outlook

Cardinal

Cyburbian
OK, two more days and I blow this joint. :D

One thing I would like to do, to save me a whole lotta trouble in the future, is copy my calendar and address book from Outlook onto a disk (or e-mail it to myself) so that I can simply download it instead of re-typing everything.

As usual, the help instructions are not helpful. Does anybody know how I can do this? (I am using Outlook 2000 here at the office.)

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
In the menu bar, click on file, then go to "import export".

It will launch a "wizard" that will walk you through the process. I would caution that once you do it, you verify that the file is entact and imports to another PC.

Budgie

Cyburbian
Chet said:
In the menu bar, click on file, then go to "import export".

It will launch a "wizard" that will walk you through the process. I would caution that once you do it, you verify that the file is entact and imports to another PC.
Yep, yep, yep.

Cardinal

Cyburbian
I tried the import/export command with no success. NHPlanner's technique worked without any difficulty. Thanks!

Chet

Cyburbian Emeritus
Cardinal said:
I tried the import/export command with no success. NHPlanner's technique worked without any difficulty. Thanks!
It is odd, it took me a few attempts to get it to work also. Glad you had success though.

NHPlanner

A shadow of my former self
Staff member
Cardinal said:
Glad I could help. :)