• Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no echo chambers. Create your FREE Cyburbia ID, and join us today! You can also register through your Reddit, Facebook, Google, Twitter, or Microsoft account.

Telepathy

Wannaplan?

Galactic Superstar
If you could read the mind...

...of your mayor or town supervisor, what do you think his or her vision of your town would be? Is planning even considered, or is it at all about attracting new investment no matter the cost to the built environment?

pete-rock

Cyburbian
With my hands placed on Yer 'Onerr's forehead, this is what I'm reading...

"Where's the deal? Make the deal! Planning, don't break the deal!"

BKM

Cyburbian
Of course:

"Reelection....Must get reelected"

More specifically:

"Open Space. Only open space has value"

"Large lot suburban single family homes are the only legitimate lifestyle"

:)

Who gives a sh*t about history, tear it ALL down. We NEED this [insert name of big box here] in order to keep our college graduates here in town.

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Our appointed county manager: "CYA...CYA..."

Our county commission chairman: "Must approve projects of two best friends. Must make those kickbacks. Must ignore public. Who cares what the press thinks? Oh, by the way, where's my cowboy hat?"

OfficialPlanner

Cyburbian
We gotta be New York, We need a Trump Tower like New York, We need a times sqaure like New York....

Most would disagree with me though