• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Temporary absence

JNL

Cyburbian
Eek! I am away all of next week at a training course in Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design. No internet access for a week! My morning coffee won't be the same without a shot of Cyburbia :-(

Will someone water the potplants for me?

donk

Cyburbian
JNL said:

Will someone water the potplants for me?

I don't think they'll be watered, but I am sure we can find a few volunteers to take care of them. ;)

Zoning Goddess

Cyburbian
Uh-oh, you'll come home chanting the CEPTED mantra: cut those bushes back, make the lights at those all-night convenience stores so bright that patrons need sunglasses at 2 a.m....

JNL

Cyburbian
I'm back briefly... today's workshop finished early (about a walking & cycling strategy for NZ).

ZG - I have been interested in & learning about CPTED for 3 years now, and you haven't heard me spouting those things yet have you :) Did you know there is "second-generation CPTED" now, which incorporates social crime prevention with all the situational stuff...

Thanks for taking care of my POTTED plants TIO :p

Jeff

Cyburbian
Chet said:
Ummmm..... dont you mean abstinence?

No man ... I really did mean absence. Abstinence sucks too though. Being reduced to only "nightly" visits or legit work-related stuff sucks.