• Ongoing coronavirus / COVID-19 discussion: how is the pandemic affecting your community, workplace, and wellness? 🦠

Working from home? So are we. Come join us! Cyburbia is a friendly big tent, where we share our experiences and thoughts about urban planning practice, planning adjacent topics, and whatever else comes to mind. No ads, no spam, no social distancing.

Ten Things Thursday

Planit

Cyburbian
1. We are hosting a NFL Big Bowl party because our friends who used to do it don't want to
2. You can't say '$uper3owl' because its trademarked by NFL
3. I hope maister's elf on the shelf stays up all year
4. We actually got a Christmas card a couple days ago, it had originally been mailed to our old address
5. Things going on here are being called The New Normal
6. Is it okay to regift a gift card to a coffee place since I don't drink coffee?
7. One of our inspectors was made to clean out their card or face a writeup for insubordination
8. We joked that we never knew his car was actually white, always thought it was grey
9. Where in the US is beach-bum now?
10. I haven't forgotten about you maister

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) Ice storm closed schools and delayed my commute to work this morning.
2) Court case was successful yesterday, onto the next steps of getting the violations corrected.
3) Sounds like there is a political hot potato coming down the pike for a board that I sit on.
4) New range hood arrives today and will be installed tonight.
5) Pondering buying a sail boat, for almost nothing... only catch is that it needs to be totally refurbished inside and is currently on the opposite side of Lake Michigan.
6) School of Greatness Podcast has some awesome guests.
7) I made the kids pancakes for breakfast since the oldest did not have school today.
8) I really enjoy reading the Old Farmers Almanac.
9) One of the Council Reps for my district tossed her hat into the ring to be the next mayor of the City I live in. She will get elected and I think she will do a great job.
10) I think more people need to watch a documentary called "Happy"... where it shows that people in 3rd world countries are happier than those in 1st world countries.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
1. I have a cough.
2. I don't want to return voicemails or email.
3. It is rainy.
4. I need water to drink though.
5. I am tired.
6. The bags under my eyes are ugly.
7. I want something good for dinner.
8. But I would have to cook it.
9. I have a long todo list.
10. I got very little accomplished today.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) Meeting with national retail chain owner, court deposition, city council workshop... yes it is a full day.
2) I ate 2 bananas and a cup of Greek yogurt for lunch this morning
3) I get to go see several business development authors speak at the end of the month.
4) Going to the Garth Brooks concert in Detroit at the end of the month too.
5) Miniskis got his first report card on Tuesday
6) Seagulls that lost the court case took out an add in the local news paper
7) Miniskis was hit in the face by a boot yesterday at school. Seems there is a problem with a bully.
8) The sun is out today... I missed the sun.
9) It was below zero at my house when I got up this morning... I hate the cold.
10) Jimmy Fallon is funny.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
1. Got a cough. Like I am hacking.
2. I love Indian food.
3. My head hurts when I cough.
4. I drink a lot of bottled water. I need to look into those bottles we were talking about on Post Day.
5. I need a cool key ring.
6. I dislike the news people.
7. I should wear more pins. What fake pins can I buy... hmmmm
8. I have 16 phones in my office. Time to organize...
9. I like red ink on things.
10. Jimmy Fallon - Saved By the Bell. Amazing.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I really dig Enigma's music. They're all about serious musicianship - about as far as you can get from a 3 chord garage band
2. it's fun to poke fun at LP during Lent
3. season 3 of Chuck seems to be rather disappointing so far. I think the show really hit its stride during season 2
4. parent teacher conferences tonight
5. I managed to score some paczki on sale last night
6. my car needs more repairs, the steering makes a whining sound whenever I turn. That can't be good
7. Junior is really pushing to get a dog. I've resisted so far but am starting to waiver
8. Junior is cleaning up on his fundraising for the American Heart Association. He goes door to door and most kids won't do that these days
9. I wish I had a couple of gold coins just to look at and admire
10. I'm normally quite depressed this time of year. Right now I'm just feeling kinda numb. That's okay in my book.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
1. The Return to Innocence is a great song.
2. I like eating at new restaurants.
3. I would spend $200 for dinner before I would on clothing.
4. I need a new suit. I will probably end up buying two.
5. I wear things out like crazy. I kill shoes, undershirts, and socks.
6. My phone case is huge. I have never once dropped my phone though...
7. I would imagine that thumb tacks in my fingers would be a pretty horrible torture.
8. Taxes suck. The number of different taxes I pay, sucks. The amount of taxes I pay sucks.
9. I wish I could just pay a percent of what I buy. Consumption taxes are the way to go.
10. I am getting back into tea. Chai tea is my jam right now.

Planit

Cyburbian
1. The office is packed up - my walls look blank
2. Glad I don't have to move with this job change
3. It is cold - I don't care if its in the north, south or where ever - it is cold
4. I have a gift card I won't use - don't like the food there
5. School on 3 hr. delay
6. I find it amazing how one city has all roads scrapped and another didn't bother with half of theirs
7. Weekend is a coming with no particular plans
8. Weather will play a major role in the weekend's activities
9. I have got to clean out the boxes in the garage
10. One More Day!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I am allowing myself to believe that spring will soon be here
2. It's never a good feeling when your car is in the shop
3. first world problem!!
4. I can express amazingly unenlightened sentiments at times
5. They put some pretty weird looking carpet in city hall
6. I may be eating garden fresh asparagus in as little as six weeks
7. Seems like we've been yelling at Junior a lot lately. But he's kinda deserved it
8. Want to break him out of this laziness habit but I am coming to fear it's truly part of who he is
9. How does one find a reputable insurance agent you can trust? It's kinda like finding a reputable assassin
10. Time to unload some cherished books from the home library that we'll probably never read again.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) I have come to the realization that it will never be spring in Michigan
2) We are having chicken tacos tonight. They are awesome.
3) My meeting for this afternoon was canceled. This makes me happy.
4) I just watched a clip about how in the 1950's the Red Wings traveled to Marquette MI to play a game against the prison inmates there. (LINK) I think they should make a movie about it.
5) I need to buy a new pair of khaki dress pants tonight. I hate clothes shopping.
6) The City I work for is transporting the snow out of the City by the dump truck load to prevent flooding. The snowbanks are taller than my car.
7) After I finish my woodworking and house repair projects tonight, I believe a glass of Jameson on the rocks is in order. It has been a long week.
8) Does a 10 oz of trail mix count as lunch?
9) Our middle son is having his 3rd birthday party on Saturday... which means I get to deal with my Mother-In-Law. However, a friend and his kids are coming over. He has no filter so it should be fun.
10) I think I am going to put together a flow chart for a project that the City is reviewing. It is using almost everything in the tool box... consent judgement, PUD, special land use, site plan review, environmental review, utilities review, ordinance amendment, private roads, modification to public roads, fire protection systems, and NIMBY lawyers who happen to live within 300 feet of the property.

kms

Cyburbian
1. I like punch - the fizzy kind that's made with sherbet.
2. Not sher-bert.
3. Snow day and my living room is full of kids.
4. My Easter plans are made.
5. I hear the snowplow. Again.
6. I'm going to have to stop and read a book for awhile.
7. I've read several books that zg recommended.
8. The lines between being at work and not being at work can be a little blurry.
9. I didn't remember to buy band-aids.
10. I had a tough time getting sher-bert past autocorrect.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
1. I am going to get under 180 lbs.
2. I think that I need to start working out more, because most of it is a loss of muscle.
3. My kids can find so many ways to hurt themselves.
4. I really want to go out to eat tonight, but I bet my wife won't want to.
5. Oriental Chicken salad at Applebee's would be good.
6. I think Pitbull should not be a thing. He just speaks. Not a fan.
7. I like that in Ohio our voting day sticker has Ohio as a heart for "I heart voting".
8. I am a gamer. I think my dad started it with an Atari.
9. My kids will be gamers. They already love to play video games. I am not sure that is a good thing.
10. My phones breaking news alerts are rarely breaking news.

Ryoohki1779

1. Planner of the day is my favorite day...despite dealing with looney people I love all the research and discussing code issues.
2. Still considering moving to the dark side.
3. It is a grey day here I hope the sunny pokes through the clouds.
4. I may actually get the '06 plat application on my desk through the process...hooray!
5. Wish there was an Art museum in my community.
6. If the weather holds I am going kayaking this weekend to check out the manatees.
7. Thinking of taking a short vacation to Colorado soon...provided I can find cheap tickets.
8. Made a low carb version of eggplant parm last night it was ok...the sauce turned out to be the best part.
9. Saw a farmer cheese with green onions I would like to try but not sure I want to pay $5.97 to try it.
10. My allergies are on my last nerve today...I hate all the sneezing and watery eyes...so frustrating...the meds never completely work for me!

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Now that the snow is starting to melt I should probably take down the Christmas lights this weekend
2. No radio show this weekend
3. I kinda want/need to play this weekend
4. what should I do this weekend?
5. I really want to understand female psychology better. I wish more women posted here on Cyburbia
6. You hear about college fraternities engaging in infamous behavior all the time but you never hear about sorority hazing incidents
7. I want to make a chocolate cake this weekend
8. Thing is, I really don't need to eat any chocolate cake right now
9. Maybe I can just have my cake and not eat it?
10. I don't know how much longer we can duck our neighbors who asked if we could dog sit for them during spring break.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) I am starting to think that 25 pages might be a bit too long for a staff report, but it needs to be complete.
2) I have scheduled an interview with a municipality in the south. My wife is crazy excited about it. (I am too)
3) My upcoming Planning Commission meeting is likely to be crazy long.
4) I am going to tile a back-splash today and install cabinet doors on Saturday.
5) I keep waiting for the ice on the river to give. It looks like it could happen before the end of the day tomorrow.
6) Wow, airline tickets are expensive. Looks like I am renting a car.
7) Homes in my neighborhood seem to be selling quickly. I wonder how fast I can get mine sold.
8) There is a meeting going on next to my office and they have the heat cranked up. I have my window open.
9) I have this cold that will just not let go.
10) I think that I might head home a little early today if I don't start feeling better.

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
1. I almost didn't get to this today.
2. I opened the page first thing today, and got to it last thing.
3. That is prioritizing things though.
4. I will be in NYC in two weeks. We are eating at Eleven Madison Park. I am excited.
5. I am rarely picky about things, but some people make me picky.
6. Trust spelled backwards is tsurt. I bet you didn't know that.
7. I like a good stinky cheese grilled cheese sandwich.
8. With tomato soup.
9. I make a damn good tomato soup.
10. Depth of flavor is key.

MD Planner

Cyburbian
1. I have to renew my drivers license
2. Because I'm over 40 I have to go to the MVA instead of doing it online unless I can upload my last eye exam results.
3. I also have to get my vehicle emissions tested. The double whammy.
4. Just got audited for Davis-Bacon for CDBG. We did ok which is amazing considering zero training.
5. I still pretty much hate HUD and CDBG in particular.
6. Tonight is wing night at the local watering hole and I'm meeting a few friends.
7. I'm constantly amazed how detailed Sanborn maps were. That had to have been incredibly labor intensive.
8. Don't hate on me but I find the Cyburbia story thread dumb.
9. Apparently Jimmy Buffett is skipping Pittsburgh this year. Bummer. That's always a good road trip.
10. Almost 70 degrees on Tuesday and now calling for 4-6 inches of snow tomorrow. Crap!

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) Wife called. She scheduled an interview with her first choice. They sound like they want to just offer her the job.
2) How is it that my PC meeting tonight is going to be crazy and my historic district commission next week will be crazy.
3) I don't watch much college BB. However March Madness is fun.
4) The scar tissue from where I cut off the tip of my finger is hurting today.
5) I might just sell everything I have on Craig'slist.
6) I might buy a beater until I can pay cash for my next vehicle (AKA after the house closes)
7) I am going to need to put together a few check lists of things to address in the next few months. - More questions than answers at this point.
8) The ice is off the river and now they are re-driving the spring piles back into the mud as the ice lifted them.
9) Had to interact with someone who hates my guts and he hates it that I don't respond to his profanity. He was actually nice today.
10) Spring officially begins tomorrow morning.

Ryoohki1779

1. Got confirmation for a second interview next week.
2. I may actually get a new job.
3. Today I learned that some of the people I work with are slimy and upset my dept head while she was on leave. Worst yet it was bereavement leave.
4. It is sad when subordinate staff members feel a need to bypass chain of command...just so they can get their way!
5. Looking forward to the weekend.
6. It will not be as warm this weekend in FL and it may rain...hoping that brings the pollen count down!
7. Had a rare chance to work with a very sweet older lady today.
8. Some days make all the stress involved in working for a government agency worth it.
9. Still have not found my phone.
10. Cannot wait for the Apple Watch launch date...

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) The CM requested a police officer be at my meeting tonight.
2) My son made a sculpture out of pipe cleaners for my office. Several people have commented on how cool it is.
3) Historic Commission training yesterday was very insightful.
4) Deadline to have the house ready to go on the market is 21 days.
5) Coffee is my friend
6) I just got word that downtown will be at 100% occupancy for the 4th season in a row.
7) I am back to thinking about buying a Jeep.
8) On Tuesday our middle son was in full fit mode, kicking and screaming on the floor. Our youngest (who is 18 months old) grabbed #2's favorite stuffed animal and blanket and covered him up on the floor to make him feel better. Wife and I just looked at each other like 'did that just happen?'
9) I have a ton of scrap wood I need to get rid of. *it might end up being 2,000 pounds....
10) I wonder if I duct-tapped several ladders together if I could reach the upper most gable of my house. Bucket lifts are expensive.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1. I saw a double rainbow on my way to work today, along with thunder, lighting, and the first storm of the season. It was awesome.
2. Water levels are way up this spring. A few people have applied for new docks because their old ones are under water.
3. Today is autism awareness day. I have my blue shirt on and we will have a blue light bulb for our front porch tonight.
4. I am stopping at the hardware store on my way home to pick up yet more supplies.
5. Spring Break starts for my oldest this afternoon. He enjoy's school so much that he is angry about not having school next week.
6. Since it will be many years until we get another dog, I gave my invisible fence system to the City Clerk I work with. Her son is worried about his dog getting hit by a car because the last one did.
7. Our oldest had a difficult time this morning because he saw me packing up or old dogs invisible fence collar. He started to cry because he missed his dog.
8. My lilac buds are breaking open and my weeping cherry tree looks like it is close. My guess is we will have flowers within a few weeks.
9. The under cabinet lighting will be here tomorrow and my concrete counter top stain arrived yesterday.
10. I have one business owner who is awesome to work with. All the applications are filled out correctly, all the information is there, and they are always pleasant to talk to.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. It's gray and rainy outside today.
2. It's gray and rainy inside too for that matter
3. Found out the Chelsea Milling Company tour is every bit as good as I remembered it. That and they give you boxes of muffin mix as after-tour swag!
4. Junior had a church sleepover last night. I expect he'll spend much of today either being grumpy or sleeping
5. Have to repurpose the leftover ham from Easter tonight
6. Went out to eat three times this week so far!
7. Junior chose the original season 1 Batman tv show (you know with Adam West) as the DVD to take to the sleepover last night. Good choice
8. Bought a bottle of valve oil and a packet of spinach seeds while doing the tourist thing in Chelsea - just doing my part to leverage the local economy
9. I generally enjoy it when filmmakers break the fourth wall
10. I did not eat enough breakfast this morning. Half an english muffin did not do the trick

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) Storms today. I love storms.
2) Someone recommended the book "Rules for my unborn son" saying that I will like it. I googled the blog and it looks very good.
3) Going to get our taxes done on Saturday. Not looking forward to it... not at all.
4) Rented a 50-foot bucket lift to reach the upper gables to get them painted this weekend.
5) I have to applaud U of M Coach Harbaugh for his tweet that the U of M football team would be showing American Sniper despite some people being offended.
6) Time is not equal to money. You can spend money and find a way to get more of it but once you spend time, it's gone.
7) I noticed all the doors in my car leak water during heavy rains.
8) Something is wrong with my fitbit. It said that I climbed 5,000 floors in one day.
9) The store deli is going to have homemade Italian meatballs for the lunch special today.
10) I think Maister should grow a handlebar mustache. It would look awesome on him.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Handlebar moustaches are okay if you're big into barber shop quartet singing, or maybe a MLB pitcher
. I'm neither.
2. This week has been so long, yet it's gone by so fast, if that makes any sense
3. The minister at our church is leaving after about a year and a half on the job
4. I wonder if there's anything we can do to make the FAC more interesting/appealing for female Cyburbians?
5. I'm kinda looking forward to radio show season being done. About six more weeks to go
6. I just realized I bought a six pack of some kind of amber ale at the grocery last night and I don't even know what brand it is:-| (it was on sale though)
7. Been keeping up on the garden tasks pretty well so far. maybe that's not such a big deal considering it's mid-April:-x
8. I like the idea of my son taking up trumpet - he really seems to want to play. I just can't stand listening to him practice:-$
9. Wonder when season 9 of Newhart will be out on DVD? I really loved the ending of that show when Bob Newhart woke up in bed next to Suzanne Pleshette
10. We need to take Junior to at least one baseball game this summer.

DVD

Cyburbian
1. Not sure if I can think of 10 things, but here it goes (that's one :))
2. Finishing up my presentation on junkyards for next week.
3. Finished with cutting up the sacred cow (Health Dept.). Next week I found out if I get two employees or not.
4. Don't care if I get new employees.
5. I'm going down to Phoenix in about two weeks for an interview. It's a more informal 2nd one.
6. Anyone down in Phoenix want to grab a beer?
7. I think we need more Southwest Cyburbians! They all seem to be from Michigan or NC or going to one of those states.
8. I'm going to have to do a lot of finish work on the house to get it ready to sell.
9. I think I do more work at home than at work sometimes.
10. I'm running out of interesting things...

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) Good Luck DVD. Hope interview #2 goes well.
2) I still think Maister would look awesome with a handle bar mustache. Take a look at the old Stanfest Photos and tell met that would not scream AWESOME SAUCE.
3) It must be "people who are a pain in M-skis's neck" day. 3 of them came into my office back to back to back. And no, I will not recommend the PC approve the rezoning if it is in conflict with the Master Plan.
4) My wife just informed me that I have 4 coffee makers in storage... not including the Keurig that we use. I think we might be getting rid of some coffee makers.
5) Found out that there are several people who are interested in looking at my house before it gets on the market. A bidding war would be awesome. Would it be wrong to request a game of beer pong if I get two of the same offers. Winner gets to buy the house.
6) Ok, is that pitcher's name really Rollie Fingers? Sounds like some old school mob name.
7) It took Fred Rodgers 20 years to realize that he named the mail man Mr. McFeely.... but by then it was too late.
8) Local news paper buried my leaving into another story. The editor of the paper is super cool and knows that I much rather have it low key when it comes to being in the paper, especially being that I still have a bit over 4 full work weeks left here.
9) My wife accidentally left her keys outside on the back porch over night... it rained. The key fob for the suburban is toast. $150 to replace it (it is a 2 way remote start and alarm thing). Then the back door handle broke this morning when she was trying to load stuff into it. That is another $95.
10) My youngest (who is 18 months old) loves the Badger Badger Badger video. He starts dancing like them.

Ryoohki1779

1. I hate being a lame duck. While I am excited for the new job they are taking my work away and it is boring just siting here waiting for the phone to ring.
2. Today we are have odd weather it was so dark when we came in today it looked like we were going to have a thunderstorm...however the sun came out and it is warming up.
3. More house hunting tomorrow.
4. Still waiting on two plats to arrive to process before I leave next week.
5. Yesterday was my last POD(planner of the day) day.
6. Yesterday they told me they are probably not going to fill my position when I leave.
7. I said "awesome"...
8. I have already packed all the stuff in my office.
9. I will be packing moving boxes when I go home...not my favorite part of moving.
10. Was hoping to move before I started the new job. Guess I should be grateful that I can commute if I have too for a few weeks.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. A preventive exam of my lower intestinal tract shall be performed tomorrow (doesn't sound like TMI when you put it like that now does it?)
2. Part of my hearing loss is likely due to listening to Judas Priest on headphones with the volume cranked. I regret that.
3. I won't get my tax return probably for several weeks, yet I've already got it spent (much against my will)
4. Finished reading 'Fellowship' last night and will start "The Two Towers" tonight
5. Boy, do I lead an exciting life. Life on the edge, you know
6. About a dozen sugar snap pea seedlings have emerged and maybe a half dozen spinach
7. I haven't seen "The Dirty Dozen" in about as many years. Should a viewing be scheduled soon?
8. I'm writing a ticket to someone right now with great relish
9. I saw part of an interview of the lady who played Captain Janeway last Sunday. I wasn't altogether impressed
10. Are DVD's going away sometime soon? No one told me about it....

kms

Cyburbian
1. My beloved Chevy Suburban is loaded onto a flatbed for one final trip. :(
2. I wish my son would have gotten it running before he lost interest in getting it running.
3. I had 2 blueberry donuts for dinner. Yep, that's it.
4. What happened to spring?
5. My son isn't interested in attending the pre-college accepted student activities.
6. Tomorrow is Envirothon, one of those work things you do just because it makes other people happy.
7. A couple of my daughter's friends still text and call me.
8. My coworker and I call payday Cinco de Mayo. There's a story behind that.
9. And tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo.
10.The dinero is already spent.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) Two meetings down, one do go. It will be a b-dubs night for me.
2) I am doing a half day tomorrow because of 2 additional meetings within this pay period
3) I just realized that I need to do my billings for this pay period
4) An architect that I respect payed me a compliment after my PC presentation today. That is something that does not happen often.
5) My wife thinks that it is silly for me to bring a full tool box and tool belt if we are going to live in an apartment.
6) Miniskis has become a bit disruptive as of late. We think the transition process is causing stress on him so he is acting out. It will be better once we get settled in and he realizes a new freedom... and warm weather.
7) It was in the mid 70's here on Saturday and last night there was a heavy frost and hard freeze with afternoon snow. I am still in :michigan:
8) It sounds like my temporary replacement will get approved. He will do half the stuff and they will farm the other half out to a consulting firm. Might be my old one, might be another one that a cyburbian works for.
9) I have so much filing that I should do before I leave.
10) I am really looking forward to the 10th anniversary of Stanfest in K-Zoo in a few weeks.

KMS... I am sorry to hear about your Suburban. I fear the day we will have to part with ours, because I know that I am going to have to write a massive check to get a replacement. The new ones are move than $50,000!

kms

Cyburbian
. B]KMS[/B]... I am sorry to hear about your Suburban. I fear the day we will have to part with ours, because I know that I am going to have to write a massive check to get a replacement. The new ones are move than $50,000!
I wanted to drive it another two years but couldn't justify spending any more money on repairs after engine #2 failed. I don't really need more than a small car these days, but I'm not getting attached to my car. I loved my Suburban.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) We had a showing cancel. Apparently they didn't like the location.
2) I have yet another seagull who is panicked because she fears the new house being built may cause flooding on her property.
3) I flipped my calendar page today. It is weird to see "Last Day" on it in a few weeks.
4) Goal for next week... find a freaking apartment!
5) New guy will start next week... but will only be doing 2 days a week. Good Luck with that.
6) My computer is acting up again. I already contacted the IT people.
7) The boats are back in the harbor.
8) I am done with woodworking projects for quite a while. Saturday morning I will dismantle my woodshop and use it as a garage again.
9) In-laws were in the City yesterday... didn't bother calling my wife (who had the day off).
10) My epic full steel classic art deco swingline stapler painted 1950's turquoise will be coming with me. *I have had it since my first job. ;)

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Now I'm experiencing the downward side of the yo-yo
2. I think we've got some kind of fungal disease afflicting our asparagus
3. There's not much we can do about it either
4. I don't possess a single Liberty quarter
5. I also don't collect coins (except in the sense that I save change)
6. Really torn about whether or not to cancel our family membership to the Y
7. Junior really likes garage sales
8. I like our Smokey Joe, but we're gonna have more company over this summer and I'm looking for a new (larger) Weber charcoal grill
9. Haven't heard much about Ukraine in the news lately
10. My neighbors are weird

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) Walked miniskis to work *He rode his bike. The bike lock key is in my pocket and I am an hour away from the school. Looks like I will be picking up his bike on my way home.
2) If all goes well, today will be my last "meeting" in Michigan... if things don't go well, I will be here Monday night for a meeting.
3) No Mr. Developer, we will not give you a building permit until after you create the lot. So Sorry.
4) My sister and brother-in-law will be coming down tonight. They are planning to come down to our new place sometime this fall too.
5) The new guy comes in for a half day tomorrow. I think he will do a great job but the part time BS won't cut it.
6) My historic meeting (board that I sit on) last night was a good meeting. We had to make some very difficult decisions but I think the public will be happy.
7) A former coworker will likely replace me on that board. He is a great guy and knows his stuff.
8) I will not be able to complete my to-do list before I leave.
9) I really hope that our real-estate agent is able to find an awesome buyer for our house.
10) My youngest has not been feeling well lately but it is an allergy issue that we don't know how to fully address.

kms

Cyburbian
1. I can't believe how violent women are becoming.
2. The thermometer in my car showed 91 degrees when I drove home from work.
3. The heat filled the gym where I watched a volleyball game.
4. My sons gave me a laptop for Mothers Day.
5. I'm not sure where the apostrophe goes. ^
6. I'm feeling less and less like a field person as the months pass.
7. I really should take my wedding rings to a gold buying place.
8. I never liked game shows.
9. I have a purse/bag that is made of fabric printed with states' license plates. Women always compliment it.
10. I bought it at Walmart. :lmao:

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. I have felt like going out for dinner every night this week, but simply lack the funds.
2. There are certain things I need to get from the store that are kind of important, but not enough so to remember to get them when I'm there.
3. I don't own a boat, but I'd like to go boating with my son some time
4. We have nice parks in our area
5. I appreciate the access to microbrews we enjoy nowadays
6. It is supposed to rain two of the three days this weekend
7. I suspect I'm going to have to spend more $ on car repairs soon
8. I wish I had a chocolate crème pie
9. oh, and a big pretzel and a litre of beer
10. Alka Seltzer

Hink

OH....IO
Staff member
1. End of the day means I finally get to the 10 things.
2. I try and do it after lunch, but I am always busy after lunch.
3. No meetings today though. Which is nice.
4. I could waste a month in meetings...
5. I want to run a marathon next spring.
6. Flying Pig maybe?
7. Beep. Bloop. Beep. Splurg.
8. Ball State has a nice campus. My weekend visit was really nice.
9. I think communities should plan themselves like college campuses.
10. I don't think even if I knew someone famous that I would want to date them. Taylor Swift? So much work...

Salmissra

Cyburbian
1) I'm still at the office while all the others are at the City employee Values event.
2) The event is outside, after 20 days of rain and grey clouds
3) The event is not mandatory, so this year I'm not going
4) I may slip out early, or maybe do some dr. appt. calls while all are out
5) My new car is fun to ride in!
6) Holiday weekend coming and I don't have any set plans
7) Weather patterns predict rain all three days of the holiday weekend, with the heaviest on Sunday
8) I may hole up at home and binge watch Netflix or Amazon Prime
9) I need to go to the library - I have books both due and waiting for me
10) I had Sonic for lunch.

kms

Cyburbian
1. I would like some red licorice.
2. I'm not into bedazzling.
3. I rj'd at lunchtime and am off until Tuesday.
4. I'm pretty thankful that my kids like each other.
5. There's a puppy in my house!
6. It's a guest puppy.
7. My ear hurts.
8. So does my wrist.
9. I'm a wreck.
10. Spring is taking a break.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Been MIA from Cyb much of the week. Insanely busy.
2. I like overtime pay
3. I believe lemonade to be the quintessential summertime beverage; it's what one sips while fanning oneself on the veranda
4. Have a camping trip planned with the cubs this weekend. It's supposed to rain and the overnight temps will be in the 40's
5. You ever stop and think about just what a computer is? They are truly amazing things
6. I frequently have moments where I am struck by the miracles of modern technology that surround us. It is Great Magic.
7. I also sometimes wonder if future generations will look upon musical forms such as punk rock as being "quaint" in much the same way as we do now with ragtime
8. This is a 4 cup kinda morning
9. I'd like to go to Lake Michigan this summer
10. Junior's elementary has its state-mandated testing all day today

kms

Cyburbian
1. Fanning one's self on the veranda while drinking cold lemonade or ice tea is a classic summertime way to pass time.
2. My oldest son visited the hospital twice in one month because of asthma. The nurses sent him a get well card.
3. I haven't been able to lift or ride my bike because I have tendinitis.
4. My daughter calls the sleepy feeling following overeating "the itis".
5. I've been feeling old and lonely for the past few days.
6. Does anyone still take Sunday drives?
7. I mean, anyone else?
8. I like hiring people who like to fish because I know they can work alone.
9. I'm enjoying my new duties.
10. I don't like to fish and I love working alone.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. This has truly been the summer of charcoal grilling so far. We've grilled more this year than the past two combined and summer's just starting
2. I've been getting chocolate cravings the last several days. I hope that doesn't mean I've got an additional X chromosome hiding out somewhere
3. It would be nice to have 30 minutes a day available just to listen to music. I guess I could simply prioritize that 30 minutes, but sadly it would come at too high a price
4. I miss walking into record stores and checking out all the big ol' album covers
5. My next door neighbor decided not to sell his house after all. He's the only sane/decent neighbor we have
6. We picked strawberries a couple weeks ago and we'll likely be picking blueberries in the fields next week. Oh boy!
7. Junior enjoys summer camp. He generally enjoys every opportunity he gets to get away from his parents
8. I'd like to take the family to visit the Gerald Ford Museum, but Junior is still too young to really appreciate it. Maybe when he's a teen
9. It's funny how time seems to speed up as one gets older yet paradoxically staff meetings seem to get longer and longer
10. Publisher's Clearinghouse is demanding yet another "verification of status" reply. It's getting to be more trouble to respond than it's worth.

dandy_warhol

Cyburbian
1. I had been thinking of items to list but forgot most of them.
2. When staying at a hotel I now check the closets due to a scene in the show, The Fall.
3. I got to hug NHPlanner. :D:h:
4. I got to drink with LP and MP.
5. I think I almost got hit on or abducted tonight.
6. My summer is almost completely booked. Not much time for relaxing with friends.
7. Making plans for some major life changes in the next few years.
8. I think I'm addicted to ancestry.com.
9. Day 1 of no sweets resulted in 1 piece of delicious flourless chocolate cake and a piece of blueberry bread. Yum!
10. The first rule of fight club is don't talk about fight club.

kms

Cyburbian
1. I have a needy friend who relentlessly calls me if she sees that I'm posting on facebook.
2. That's creepy.
3. All I want is a couple days off.
4, I still watch Welcome Back Kotter.
5. I'm trying to spend less time on my iphone.
6. The days are getting shorter.
7. It's been a long week, and I'm experiencing the bad side of being a manager.
8. Word is that our conservation district is getting some national attention.
9. I can't believe how mean one person can be.
10. Between this and Work, Home, Family, I'm up to 13 comments.

Maister

Chairman of the bored
Staff member
1. Looking forward to Independence Day activities
2. Our neighbor's dog died
3. There is no random #3
4. Junior is obsessed with trying to circumvent movie ratings
5. Why are kids in such a hurry to grow up?
6. I bet you haven't thought about Thanksgiving a single time during the last two weeks
7. We'll grill steaks tomorrow
8. One of the most appealing parts of grilling is the 'sitting with beer in hand and enjoying the temperate weather' part
9. I need some recommendations for Independence Day tunes
10. I can already tell today is not going to be terribly productive

Whose Yur Planner

Cyburbian
1. I hate family drama
2. Especially being drug into it
3. It's even worse when you live far away
4. I celebrated by 27th anniversary in the profession
5. Wow, that does seem to be a long time
6. Nice to have a long weekend over the 4th
7. Not that I've got anything planned
8. Unlike Maister, I've got stuff to do today
9. Nice to see Ursus and dandy back with us
10. I'm slowly binge watching Orphan Black

JNA

Cyburbian Plus
1 - day before 3 day weekend
2 - have a 20% coupon for B&N
3 - is it bad to buy your self your own birthday present ?
4 - as mentioned above no plans for the weekend
5 - have only 4 more CM hrs to earn
6 - have had 2 cup of coffee
7 - only 2 weeks to go before vacation
8 - does turning 58 yrs old make me old ?
9 - what to do for my birthday ?
10 - is the answer really 42 ?

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) Weather people are calling for storms on and off for the next 10 days. I wonder if we will see any fireworks.
2) Junkyard is coming to pick up my Impala this morning. It is a rebuilt vehicle that once had a salvage title and the vin number was issued by the state of Wisconsin. Since it does not have a manufacturers vin number, none of the charities would accept it.
3) New job is going great, but it is taking a bit to get use to the more casual dress code. I haven't worn a suit in over a week.
4) Local grocery store had a Brewed Locally tag under the Oberon... They wish.
5) I carried the boxes that contained our new dining room table up the 3 flights of stairs the other night. It counted as my workout for the day since my fitbit registered a cardio level workout for more than 30 minutes.
6) Had my new truck detailed yesterday. I guess this is as good as it will get.
7) The phone system is downright silly. It will take a while to get use to it.
8) Several of my friends from GR booked a trip to Egypt in November. One of them is going through a divorce and I told him that he should take the opportunity to get out more.. I didn't me out of the continent.
9) I have been suffering from some type of allergic reaction. My skin feels like it is going to come off.
10) The management at my apartment complex is a joke.

DVD

Cyburbian
1. I love ThurFriday
2. Don't plan on doing much
3. I know I'll have to get some prep work done for next weeks meeting
4. Should be an easy meeting
5. Doing burgers and hot dogs for the 4th
6. Buying fireworks today to blow up a chunk of the street in celebration
7. How can I slack off today if people keep wanting building permits
8. Thinking about going to see one of the fireworks shows.
9. I did think about Thanksgiving a couple weeks ago because we got a cheap turkey and did the whole meal.
10. To bad my wifi in the building isn't good enough to stream netflix.

michaelskis

Cyburbian
1) The people I work with are awesome! They all bring in food!
2) There is a breeze, it will be low humidity, sunny, and the mid 80's today.
3) I am starting to question why I did not move here sooner.
4) Trying to decide which neighborhood to buy a house in is way harder than I thought it would be. We still have quite some time though.
5) I don't think we will fully unpack until we buy a house. I am starting to wonder if we should even bother hanging up pictures and stuff.
6) My wife and younger two are meeting me for lunch. It is nice that we have the ability to do that again. '
7) I learned yesterday that another friend from back in MI is going to stop by to visit next month when they are on vacation.
8) Miniskis announced to us that he has a girl friend and she is very cute with long black hair... he can't remember her name though. :wall:
9) Someone needs to get working on commercial operation of mag-lev trains. Amtrak is just way too loud.
10) Book I read last night had a reference to Michigan person who went to school in my current location. She lost a leg after her heart stopped and finished an Ironman in FL 6 months later.